Village of Bourbonnais Police Department
The Village of Bourbonnais, Illinois is accepting applications on the behalf of the Fire & Police Commission for the position of police officer with the Bourbonnais Police Department.
Starting Salary: $53,476 - $96,512
Sworn Police Officers: 25
All applicants must meet the following minimum requirements established by the Village of Bourbonnais Fire & Police Commission:
- U.S. citizenship;
- No felony convictions (or any misdemeanor conviction involving moral turpitude as specified in Illinois Statute 65 ILCS 5/10-2.1-6);
- Must possess a valid Illinois driver's license;
- Must be at least 21 years of age and under the age of 35 at the time of application (unless otherwise exempt by Illinois Compiled Statutes 65 ILCS5/10-2.1-6);
- Must reside within 30 miles of the village limits within the one (1) year probationary period;
- Must sign a Training Reimbursement agreement as a condition of employment;
- High school diploma or GED equivalent;
- Associates Degree from an accredited college or university (unless otherwise exempt by Illinois Compiled Statutes 65 ILCS 5/10 2.1-6);
- Valid POWER card issued within one (1) year of the application deadline date (waived for Certified Law Enforcement Officers);
- $45.00 non-refundable application processing fee.
- Application Deadline: Monday, February 18, 2019 at 4:00 PM (CST).
Required documents (to be submitted at time of application):
- Valid Illinois driver’s license;
- Birth certificate;
- High school diploma or GED certificate;
- College or University Degree/Transcripts (unless otherwise exempt);
- Valid POWER card issued on or after February 18, 2018 (waived for Certified Law Enforcement Officers);
- If applicant has military service, a copy of his/her Military Service Record Form DD-214.
- Incomplete or defective applications will not be accepted and will disqualify the applicant.
DATES TO REMEMBER:
- Submit Application: Applicants must complete and submit all application materials by Monday, February 18, 2019 @ 4:00 PM (CST). Faxed, e-mailed, mailed or dropped off applications will NOT be accepted. Applications submitted after the deadline will NOT be accepted.
- Mandatory Orientation and Written Examination Following completion of all application materials and review of minimum qualifications, successful applicants will be invited to attend the Orientation & Written Exam Administration:
When: Saturday, March 2, 2019 @ 8:00 AM
Where: Olivet Nazarene University - Olivet Weber Center, Room 104
1 University Avenue, Bourbonnais, IL 60914
Important Disclaimer for Potential Applicants
As part of this application form, you will be required to submit various documents, records and/or additional forms. Be sure to allow sufficient time to gather this documentation and fully complete the application before the deadline. In other words, do not wait until one day before the deadline to collect and submit additional required documentation. In order for your application to be accepted, all materials must be submitted and received prior to the deadline.
The Village of Bourbonnais is an Equal Opportunity Employer