The City of Chicago Heights, Illinois Board of Fire and Police Commissioners is accepting applications for the position of police officer with the Chicago Heights Police Department.
The City anticpates hiring 6 new officers immediately.
Salary: $46,506.95 (Starting) to $75,546.06 (after 10 years and 1 day of service), plus benefits*
*Note: Upon completion of the police academy, officers will receive an additional 4% for Range Pay, plus an additional 4% for Use of Force Training pay. After completion of on-the-job field training, officers will receive an additional 4% Training Pay.
Sworn Police Officers: 80 Full-time
All applicants must meet the following minimum requirements established by the City of Chicago Heights, Illinois Board of Fire and Police Commissioners:
- U.S. citizenship at the time of application;
- No felony convictions or misdemeanor convictions involving moral turpitude, as specified in 65 ILCS 5/10-2.1-6;
- High school diploma or High school equivalency/G.E.D. Certificate;
- Valid State-issued driver's license;
- Minimum of 21 years of age at the time of application -AND- must be UNDER 35 years of age at the time of application, EXCEPT applicants who are currently 20 years of age and have successfully completed two (2) years of law enforcement studies at an accredited college or university;
- Must reside in the City of Chicago Heights within 12 months from date of employment. (Applicants do not need to currently reside in Chicago Heights to apply);
- Will be required to complete an oral interview, background investigation, psychological and polygraph examinations, pass a physical ability test, and physical examination, including drug testing;
- Pay a $45.00 non-refundable application processing fee;
- Submit all application documents online by Tuesday, March 5, 2019 at 4:00 PM (CST).
The following documents MUST be included with your application:
- Birth certificate;
- Valid driver's license;
- High school diploma (or transcripts) -OR- high school equivalency/GED;
- Military Service Record Form DD-214 (for any applicant with military service).
Submission of Application:
- Applications MUST be submitted online by Tuesday, March 5, 2019 at 4:00 PM (CST). Faxed, e-mailed, mailed or dropped off applications will NOT be accepted.
- Applications submitted after the deadline will NOT be accepted. Only one application per person, per testing cycle will be accepted.
Hiring Process Steps and Timeline:
Phase 1: Submit Application (YOU ARE CURRENTLY AT THIS PHASE) - Applicants must complete and submit all application materials by Tuesday, March 5, 2019 at 4:00 PM (CST).
Phase 2: Mandatory Orientation Session - Following completion of all application materials and review of minimum qualifications, successful applicants will be invited to attend the following. All police officer applicants MUST attend this session. If you do not attend this session, you will NOT be allowed to continue to future stages of the hiring process. All candidates will receive an email approximately one week prior regarding their status in the process.
Tuesday, March 12, 2019 (Starts promptly at 6:00 p.m.)Location: Bloom Township High School Auditorium (101 W. 10th Street, Chicago Heights, IL)
Phase 3: Mandatory Written Examination Testing - Following attendance at the Mandatory Orientation Session, successful applicants will be invited to attend the following. All police officer applicants MUST attend this session. If you do not attend this session, you will NOT be allowed to continue to future stages of the hiring process.
Saturday, March 16, 2019 (Starts promptly at 8:00 a.m.)Location: Bloom Township High School Cafeteria (101 W. 10th Street, Chicago Heights, IL)
Important Disclaimer for Potential Applicants:
As part of this application form, you will be required to submit various documents, records and/or additional forms. Be sure to allow enough time to gather this documentation and fully complete the application before the deadline. In other words, do not wait until one day before the deadline to collect and submit additional required documentation. In order for your application to be accepted, ALL materials must be submitted and received prior to the deadline. You may wish to print this page for your records.
The City of Chicago Heights is an Equal Opportunity Employer.