Carpentersville Police Department
The Board of Police and Fire Commissioners of the Village of Carpentersville, Illinois is accepting applications for the position of police officer with the Carpentersville Police Department.
Salary: $67,993 - $93,262 (6 years)
Sworn Police Officers: 59
All applicants must meet the following minimum requirements established by the Village of Carpentersville:
- U.S. citizenship or permanent resident;
- Resident of the State of Illinois;
- No felony convictions (Note: a misdemeanor or serious traffic offense may also disqualify applicants from further consideration);
- Valid state-issued driver's license;
- Possess 20/40 corrected vision and free of colorblindness;
- Minimum of 21 years of age by the application deadline date (April 5, 2019) or 20 years of age and have successfully completed two years of law enforcement studies at an accredited college or university;
- Must be UNDER 35 years of age, subject to the age exception provisions of 65 ILCS 5/10- 2.1-6(d). To qualify for the age exception applicable to an applicant already employed as a police officer, the applicant must have been so employed, continuously and on a full-time basis, for the 365-day period immediately prior to the date of application;
- Be a high school graduate or possess a G.E.D. equivalent;
- Must reside within 35 miles of the Village of Carpentersville village limits within one year of being hired;
- Possess a valid NIPSTA card – OR - equivalent criteria as per the State standard, issued within 12 months of the application deadline date (April 5, 2019); P.O.W.E.R. Test Cards issued by Triton College or Joliet Junior College will also be accepted.
- Pay a $45.00 non-refundable application processing fee. Fee waived for Carpentersville residents (please complete fee waiver form before proceeding).
A maximum of (5) preference points will be awarded as determined by the Village of Carpentersville for any one the following:
- Education: Persons who have successfully obtained an Associate's Degree in the field of law enforcement or criminal justice - OR - a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university. Copy of unofficial transcripts must be submitted with application to qualify (5 points).
- Experience: Persons who have been awarded a certificate of successful completion of the Minimum Standards Basic Law Enforcement Training Course (Certified Illinois Police Officer) and are currently employed as a law enforcement officer on a part-time or full-time basis within the State of Illinois. Copy of state-issued certification must be submitted with application to qualify (5 points).
- Military: Persons who were engaged in the military or naval service of the United States for at least one year, and were honorably discharged, - OR - who are now, or may hereafter be on inactive or reserve duty in such military or naval service. A copy of Form DD-214 or equivalent proof of current military service must be submitted with application to qualify (5 points).
- Community Service Officer: Persons who are currently employed as a community service officer for the Village of Carpentersville and have been in that position continuously for at least one year (3 points).
Submission of Application:
Applications MUST be submitted online by Friday, April 5, 2019 at 4:00 PM (CST). Faxed, e-mailed, mailed or dropped off applications will NOT be accepted. Applications submitted after the deadline will NOT be accepted. Only one application per person, per testing cycle will be accepted.
Written Examination Testing Following completion of all application materials and review of minimum qualifications, successful applicants will be invited to attend the following:
Clear your calendar and make sure you are available on the following date: All candidates will receive an email approximately one week prior regarding their status in the process.
Mandatory Written Examination Testing: Saturday, April 13, 2019 - Check-in starts at 7:00 AM Location: Carpentersville Public Works Building1075 Tamarac DriveCarpentersville, IL 60110 Important Disclaimer for Potential Applicants:As part of this application form, you will be required to submit various documents, records and/or additional forms. Be sure to allow sufficient time to gather this documentation and fully complete the application before the deadline. In other words, do not wait until one day before the deadline to collect and submit additional required documentation. In order for your application to be accepted, all materials must be submitted and received prior to the deadline.
The Village of Carpentersville is an equal opportunity employer in all aspects of personnel policies, programs, benefits, practices and operations. All applicants will receive equal consideration regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other category protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and require assistance or accommodation related to the application process, please contact human resources.