Bridgeview Fire Department
The Village of Bridgeview, Illinois Personnel Board is accepting applications to the position of firefighter/paramedic with the Bridgeview Fire Department.
Starting Salary: $57,373 Benefits Include: Health insurance, hospitalization, life insurance, pension plan, sick days and vacation time. All Applicants Must Meet the Following Minimum Requirements established by the Village of Bridgeview:
- Be a U.S. Citizen -OR- legally authorized to work in the United States;
- Be at least 22.5 years of age (at time of application) -AND- at least 25 years of age at the time of hire;
- Possess and present a valid Illinois driver's license (must be a Class D license, with the ability to obtain a Class B non-CDL during probation, with no restrictions except for corrective eye lenses). Note: A valid license from another US State must be equivalent;
- Be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language;
- Vision must be 20/20 with both eyes open or correctable to 20/20 with corrective lenses in both eyes;
- Have successfully completed at least 60 semester hours -AND- an Associates Degree from an accredited college, or university with a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 on a 4.0 grading scale -OR- proof of completion of at least 2 years active duty U.S. military service, terminating in an honorable discharge (at time of application);
- Provide a valid CPAT (Candidate Physical Ability Test Card) with Ladder Climb (at the time of application) with an issue date within 12 months of the date of the application deadline (April 26, 2019);
- Possess a valid Paramedic License (EMT-P) issued by the Illinois Department of Public Health - (IDPH) (at time of hire) Note: Applicants must successfully pass the entrance exam for the Bridgeview Fire Department's EMS System before hire;
- Possess a current Illinois state-issued Basic Operations Firefighter, Firefighter II Certification, or the updated equivalent (at time of hire);
- Be of sound health and the ability to perform the essential functions of the job with or without a reasonable accommodation;
- No felony convictions of any nature, or a misdemeanor involving moral turpitude, including but not limited to those cited in the provisions of 65 ILCS 5/10-2.1-6.3(i), or convicted of multiple misdemeanors of any nature;
- Must successfully meet all such other requirements as set forth by the Illinois Compiled Statutes and the Village of Bridgeview Personnel Board Rules and Regulations, such as: successfully pass a written examination, in-depth background investigation, pass a polygraph test, pass a psychological assessment, and pass a medical examination and drug test screening by a physician designated by the Village of Bridgeview;
- Pay a $50.00 non-refundable application processing fee.
Submission of Application: Applications MUST be submitted online by Friday, April 26, 2019 at 4:00 PM (CST). Faxed, e-mailed, mailed or dropped off applications will NOT be accepted. Applications submitted after the deadline will NOT be accepted. Only one application per person, per testing cycle will be accepted.
Mandatory Orientation and Written Exam Testing Date - Please mark your calendar and ensure you are available for this mandatory stage of the hiring process. Applicants will receive notification approximately one week prior to the date pertaining to their status.
Saturday, May 18, 2019 (Check-in starts at 7:30 AM - no exceptions will be made for late arrivals). Location to be announced closer to the test date.
Important Disclaimer for Potential Applicants: As part of this application form, you will be required to submit copies of the following documents as part of your application. Applicants failing to provide the following documentation with their application will be ineligible to continue in the hiring process.
The Village of Bridgeview is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Birth Certificate;
- Social Security Card;
- Valid Illinois Driver's License (Class D);
- Associates Degree Diploma -AND- Transcripts -OR- U.S. Military Form DD-214 indicating a minimum of 2 years active duty service and status of discharge;
- CPAT (Candidate Physical Ability Test) Card, issued not more than 12 months from the application deadline date of April 26, 2019;
- Current EMT-P license issued by the IDPH (if already certified);
- Illinois State issued BOF or Firefighter II Certification (if already certified);