NOTE TO POTENTIAL APPLICANTS: This application process is limited to the first 125 applications
submitted -OR- the deadline date of April 22, 2019, whichever occurs first.
West Dundee Police Department
West Dundee, Illinois
The West Dundee, Illinois Fire and Police Commission is accepting applications for the position of police officer with the West Dundee Police Department.
Salary: $60,229 with excellent benefits Population: 7,331Current Sworn Full Time Police Officers: 19Authorized Part Time Police Officers: 3
All applicants must meet the following minimum requirements established by the Village of West Dundee:
- U.S. citizenship;
- No felony convictions;
- Valid state-issued driver's license;
- Minimum of 21 years of age -AND- under 35 years of age by the written examination date (May 11, 2019), unless the candidate is currently employed as a police officer in a regularly constituted police department of any municipality which extends the age to 40 years of age;
- Possess a high school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent;
- Possess a valid P.O.W.E.R. Test card issued within the past 12 months of the application deadline date (April 22, 2019). Only P.O.W.E.R. Test cards issued by NIPSTA, Joliet Junior College, or Triton College will be accepted;
- Residency within 35 miles of the Village of West Dundee will be required within one year of hire;
- Pay a $45.00 non-refundable application processing fee;
- Applications will be limited to the first 125 applications submitted (NOT BASED ON THE NUMBER PURCHASED).
Preference Points will be awarded as determined by the Village of West Dundee for the following pursuant to the applicable section of Illinois State Statute 65 ILCS 5/10-2.1-8 and 5/10-2.1-9:
- Military Experience: A minimum of 1 year of active duty for U.S. military service members with an Honorable Discharge. DD-214 must be submitted with application to qualify.
- Education: Possess an Associate’s Degree in Criminal Justice or related law enforcement field from an accredited community or junior college –OR- A Bachelor’s Degree in any field from an accredited college or university. A copy of the diploma or unofficial transcripts must be submitted with application to qualify.
- Current Illinois Law Enforcement Officers: Persons awarded a certificate attesting to the successful completion of the Minimum Standards Basic Law Enforcement Training Course as provided in the Illinois Police Training Act. A copy of your certificate must be submitted with application to qualify.
Submission of Application:
Limited to the first 125 applications submitted –OR- Applications submitted online by Monday, April 22, 2019 at 4:00 PM (CST), whichever occurs first, will be accepted. Faxed, e-mailed, mailed or dropped off applications will NOT be accepted. Only one application per person, per testing cycle will be accepted.
Mandatory Orientation and Written Examination Testing Following completion of all application materials and review of minimum qualifications, successful applicants will be invited to attend the following. Clear your calendar and make sure you are available on the following date: All candidates will receive an email approximately one week prior regarding their status in the process.
Saturday, May 11, 2019 - Check-in from 8:00 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. Location: Dundee Middle School 4200 W. Main Street West Dundee, IL 60118 The Village of West Dundee is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Important Disclaimer for Potential Applicants:As part of this application form, you will be required to submit various documents, records and/or additional forms. Be sure to allow sufficient time to gather this documentation and fully complete the application before the deadline. In other words, do not wait until one day before the deadline to collect and submit additional required documentation. In order for your application to be accepted, all materials must be submitted and received prior to the deadline.