Manteno Community Fire Protection District
The Board of Fire Commissioners is accepting applications to the position of firefighter/paramedic with the Manteno Community Fire Protection District.
Starting Salary: $42,500.00 including health, dental, life insurance, vacation, sick, and personal time, and pension planPopulation: 12,500
Sworn Fire Service Personnel: 22 full-time firefighters; 10 paid on call firefighters
All Applicants Must Meet the Following Minimum Requirements established by the Manteno Community Fire Protection District:
- At least 21 years of age and under 35 years of age, unless previously a full-time Firefighter in Illinois as noted under state statute (65 IL 5/10-2.1-6.3) by the time of the written examination (August 3, 2019);
- Be a U.S. Citizen or legally authorized to work in the U.S.;
- Possess a valid driver's license;
- Have a High School Diploma or GED equivalent;
- Possess a valid Paramedic License (EMT-P) issued by the Illinois Department of Public Health - (IDPH) (at time of application);
- Certification by the State Fire Marshall's office as a Firefighter II (Basic) (at time of application);
- Provide a valid CPAT (Candidate Physical Ability Test Card) with Ladder Climb with an issue date within 12 months of the date of the written test (August 3, 2019);
- Be able to speak, read, and write the English language fluently;
- Have correctable vision and have ability to distinguish colors;
- Pay a $45.00 non-refundable application processing fee.
Preference Points will be awarded by the Manteno Community Fire Protection District for any one of the following:
- Veteran Status: (3 points) Must have actively served at least 1 year in the United States military and must have been honorably discharged. Copy of Military Form DD-214 will be required;
- Experience: (5 points) Paid on-call employees of our District with the necessary qualifications (FF II and Paramedic license), serving in this District for a minimum of 2 years consecutively;
- Residency: (5 points) Minimum current residency of 3 years within the Fire District. Proof of residency will be required.
Submission of Application: Applications MUST be submitted online by Wednesday, July 24, 2019 at 4:00 PM (CST). Faxed, e-mailed, mailed or dropped off applications will NOT be accepted. Applications submitted after the deadline will NOT be accepted. Only one application per person, per testing cycle will be accepted.
Mandatory Written Exam Testing Date. Following completion of all application materials and review of minimum qualifications, successful applicants will be invited to attend the Mandatory Written Exam.
Clear your calendar and make sure you are available on the following date. All candidates will receive an email prior to the test date regarding their status in the process.
Saturday, August 3, 2019 - Starts promptly at 9:00 a.m.*
Location: Manteno Community Fire Protection DistrictStation 1 - Training Room13 S. Walnut StreetManteno, IL 60950 *Enter at the South door (office). Doors will be locked at 9:00 a.m. No exceptions will be made for late arrivals. Important Disclaimer for Potential Applicants: As part of this application form, you will be required to submit copies of the following documents as part of your application. Applicants failing to provide the following documentation with their application will be ineligible to continue in the hiring process.
The Manteno Community Fire Protection District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Birth Certificate
- Social Security Card
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent Certificate
- Valid Driver's License
- Current EMT-P license issued by the IDPH
- OSFM Firefighter II (Basic) Certificate
- CPAT (Candidate Physical Ability Test) Card*, *issued not more than 12 months from the written test date of August 3, 2019