Forest Park Fire Department
Forest Park, Illinois
The Board of Fire and Police Commissioners of the Village of Forest Park, Illinois is accepting appointment(s) to the position of firefighter/paramedic with the Forest Park Fire Department.
Salary: $57,833.60 - $91,267.20 (after 5 years)
Sworn Fire Service Personnel: 23
All Applicants Must Meet the Following Minimum Requirements established by the Village of Forest Park:
- At least 21 years of age and under 34 years of age at time of written examination (August 17, 2019), except per Illinois Statute 65 ILCS 5/10-2.1-6. Proof of date of birth is required;
- U.S. Citizenship;
- No felony convictions;
- High school graduate or GED equivalent;
- Possess a valid driver’s license with good driving record;
- Possess a valid Paramedic License from the Illinois Department of Public Health - (IDPH) (at time of hire);
- Present a valid CPAT card with Ladder Climb by time of written examination with an issue date within 12 months of the date of the written examination (August 17, 2019) -AND- CPAT card must also be valid at time of hire;
- Must successfully pass a written examination with a score of 70% or better;
- Must successfully complete an oral interview, background investigation, medical examination, drug testing, polygraph, and psychological examination;
- Pay a $45.00 non-refundable application processing fee.
Preference Points will be awarded by the Village of Forest Park for the following:
- Military Experience: Applicants with a minimum of 1 year of active duty U.S. military service with an Honorable Discharge. Military Form DD-214 (indicating status of discharge) must be submitted with application to qualify.
- Education: Possess an Associate’s Degree in the field of Fire Service or Emergency Medical Services from an accredited community or junior college –OR- a Bachelor’s Degree in any field from an accredited college or university. A copy of the diploma and/or official transcripts must be submitted when requested to qualify.
Submission of Application: Applications MUST be submitted online by Tuesday, August 6, 2019 at 4:00 PM (CST). Faxed, e-mailed, mailed or dropped off applications will NOT be accepted. Applications submitted after the deadline will NOT be accepted. Only one application per person, per testing cycle will be accepted.
Mandatory Orientation and Written Examination Testing Following completion of all application materials and review of minimum qualifications, successful applicants will be invited to attend the following. Clear your calendar and make sure you are available on the following date. All candidates will receive an email approximately one week prior regarding their status in the process.
Saturday, August 17, 2019 - Check-in starts at 8:15 a.m. Location: Proviso Mathematics and Science Academy8601 Roosevelt RoadForest Park, IL 60130 Important Disclaimer for Potential Applicants: As part of this application form, you will be required to submit various documents, records and/or additional forms. Be sure to allow sufficient time to gather this documentation and fully complete the application before the deadline. In other words, do not wait until one day before the deadline to collect and submit additional required documentation. In order for your application to be accepted, all materials must be submitted and received prior to the deadline. For a complete list of required documents, click to the page titled "Summary of the Hiring Process" (this information is accessible prior to the payment page). The Village of Forest Park is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the continuing policy of the Forest Park Fire Department to afford equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals, regardless of their race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, or disability, and to conform to applicable laws and regulations. Equal opportunity encompasses all aspects of employment practices to include, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, benefits, promotions, transfers, and discipline.