Village of Barrington Hills Police Department
Barrington Hills, Illinois
The Village of Barrington Hills, Illinois is accepting applications for the position of full-time police officer with the Barrington Hills Police Department.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Full-service Municipal Policing;
- Enforcement of State and Local Laws;
- Prepare written reports on assigned tasks and attend court, and testify when necessary;
- Community Policing, assist and render aid to citizens, conduct building checks, and investigate suspicious persons, vehicles, noises, etc.;
- Uniform patrol, traffic control, motor vehicle assists, and traffic crash investigations.
Probationary Starting Salary: $70,261.65
- Ability to participate in health, prescription, dental, and life insurance.
- Uniform, firearm, soft body armor, and leather equipment issued by Department.
- Paid sick time, vacation time, holidays and longevity are per collective bargaining agreement.
Sworn Police Officers: 16
All applicants must meet the following minimum qualifications and requirements at the time of application as established by the Village of Barrington Hills:
- Be a U.S. citizen;
- Minimum of 21 years of age - AND - not over 35 years of age at time of application unless exempt under 65 ILCS 5/10-2.1-6;
- Possess a high school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent;
- Possess a minimum of 30 credit hours from an accredited college or university;
- No felony convictions (or convictions for certain misdemeanors);
- Possess a valid State-issued driver's license (Note: Must possess a valid Illinois Driver's License at time of employment);
- Have vision correctable to 20/20;
- Applicants must possess a P.O.W.E.R. Test identification card issued by Northern Illinois Public Safety Training Academy (NIPSTA), Joliet Community College, or Triton Community College issued within 12 months of the application deadline date (March 12, 2021);
- Pass the written police officer selection test, oral interview and background investigation. A polygraph, medical exam, and psychological exam are required after a conditional offer of employment;
- Reside within a one hour drive-time from the Village of Barrington Hills;
- Pay a $45.00 non-refundable application processing fee.
Submission of Application:
Applications MUST be submitted online by Friday, March 12, 2021 at 4:00 PM (CST). Faxed, e-mailed, mailed or dropped off applications will NOT be accepted. Applications submitted after the deadline will NOT be accepted. Only one application per person, per testing cycle will be accepted.
Mandatory Remote On-Line Written Examination: Following completion of all application materials and review of minimum qualifications, successful applicants will be invited to participate in remote on-line written exam testing starting at 9 AM on Wednesday, March 24, 2021 through Friday, March 26, 2021 at 4 PM. The test will only be available during this time period. Candidates will need to have access to a laptop or desktop computer. All candidates will receive an email approximately one week prior regarding their status in the process, along with further instructions for taking the on-line written exam. NOTE: Please be sure to check your email spam folder. Many email account providers automatically send our emails there in error (i.e. Google, Yahoo, etc.).
Important Disclaimer for Potential Applicants:As part of this application form, you will be required to submit various documents, records and/or additional forms. Be sure to allow sufficient time to gather this documentation and fully complete the application before the deadline. In other words, do not wait until one day before the deadline to collect and submit additional required documentation. In order for your application to be accepted, all materials must be submitted and received prior to the deadline. For a complete list of required documents, click to the page titled "Summary of the Hiring Process" (this information is accessible prior to the payment page).
The Village of Barrington Hills is an Equal Opportunity Employer.