City of Batavia Police Department
The Batavia Board of Police & Fire Commissioners is accepting applications for the position of police officer with the Batavia Police Department
Starting Salary: $77,928 for probationary officers; after successful completion of FTO Program, $86,733 for Illinois Certified Officers with 2 years experience. The salary listed reflects wage rates in accordance with the terms of the 2021 contract.
Sworn Police Officers: 41
All applicants must meet the following minimum requirements established by the City of Batavia Board of Police & Fire Commissioners:
- U.S. citizenship;
- No felony convictions (or any misdemeanor conviction involving moral turpitude);
- High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent;
- Must have previously been a full-time sworn officer of a regular police department in any municipality, county, university or State law enforcement agency for at least two (2) years;
- Certified by the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board;
- Review mandatory online lateral police officer orientation presentation prior to submitting your application. Click here to review the presentation:https://www.cityofbatavia.net/DocumentCenter/View/5160/2021-Certified-Lateral-Police-Applicant-Orientation-Process
- Application Deadline: 4:00 PM (CST) on Monday, August 16, 2021.
Required documents (to be submitted at time of application):
- Birth certificate;
- High school diploma or GED certificate;
- ILETSB Law Enforcement Officer Certification certificate;
- College unofficial transcripts (if applicable);
- Military Service Record Form DD-214 (if applicant has military service);
- Incomplete or defective applications will not be accepted and will disqualify the applicant.
DATES TO REMEMBER:
- Review Mandatory On-line Orientation: Prior to completing application, please you must review the online lateral police officer orientation presentation. You will be asked to certify that you have reviewed . Click here to view the presentation:
- Submit Application: Applicants must complete and submit all application materials online by Monday, August 16, 2021 @ 4:00 PM (CST). Following completion of all application materials and review of minimum qualifications, successful applicants will be invited to participate in the written examination;
- Mandatory On-Line Written Examination Testing: Following completion of all application materials and review of minimum qualifications, successful applicants will be invited to participate in remote on-line written exam testing starting at 9 AM on Tuesday, August 31, 2021 through Thursday, September 2, 2021 at 4 PM. The test will only be available during this time period. Candidates will need to have access to a laptop or desktop computer. All candidates will receive an email approximately one week prior regarding their status in the process, along with further instructions for taking the on-line written exam. NOTE: Please be sure to check your email spam folder. Many email account providers automatically send our emails there in error (i.e. Google, Yahoo, etc.).
A maximum of (5) preference points will be awarded as determined by the City of Batavia for any one the following:
- Education: Persons who have successfully obtained an Associate's Degree in the field of law enforcement or criminal justice -OR- a Bachelor's Degree, in any field, from an accredited college or university. Copy of unofficial transcripts must be submitted with application to qualify.
- Experience: Persons who have been awarded a certificate of successful completion of the Minimum Standards Basic Law Enforcement Training Course (Certified Illinois Police Officer) and are currently serving as a Law Enforcement Officer on a part-time or full-time basis within the State of Illinois. Copy of state-issued certification must be submitted with application to qualify.
- Military: Persons who were engaged in the military or naval service of the United States for a period of at least one year of active duty, and who were honorably discharged, -OR- who are now, or have been members on inactive or reserve duty in such military or naval service. A copy of Form DD-214 or equivalent proof of current military service must be submitted with application to qualify.
Such preference points shall not be cumulative.
Important Disclaimer for Potential Applicants:
As part of this application form, you will be required to submit various documents, records and/or additional forms. Be sure to allow sufficient time to gather this documentation and fully complete the application before the deadline. In other words, do not wait until one day before the deadline to collect and submit additional required documentation. In order for your application to be accepted, all materials must be submitted and received prior to the deadline.
The City of Batavia is an Equal Opportunity Employer.