Gilberts Police Department
The Board of Police Commissioners for the Village of Gilberts, IL is seeking applicants for the purpose of creating a police officer eligibility list for hiring.
Salary: $54,682 (base salary) to $74,836 (after 7 years)
- Full-time officers are represented by the Metropolitan Alliance of Police, Gilberts Chapter #423.
- Officers receive an excellent benefits package and police pension program.
Sworn Police Officers: 18 (9 full-time and 9 part-time officers)
All applicants must meet the following minimum requirements established by the Village of Gilberts Board of Police Commissioners:
- U.S. citizenship;
- Be at least 21, but not over 35 years of age at time of application, except as provided in 65 ILCS 5/10-2.1-6;
- Be a high school graduate or possess a G.E.D. equivalent;
- Possess a valid State of Illinois driver's license;
- No felony convictions;
- Residency within 30 miles of the Village of Gilberts (within 180 days of job appointment);
- Meet other criteria as established by the Board of Police Commissioners;
- Pay a $45.00 non-refundable application processing fee.
Preference points will be awarded as determined by the Village of Gilberts Board of Police Commissioners for the following:
- Military: Persons who were engaged in the military or naval service of the United States for at least one year, and were honorably discharged. A copy of Form DD-214 (indicating status of discharge) must be submitted with application to qualify.
Submission of Application:
Applications MUST be submitted online by Thursday, January 4, 2018 at 4:00 PM (CST). Faxed, e-mailed, mailed or dropped off applications will NOT be accepted. Applications submitted after the deadline will NOT be accepted. Only one application per person, per testing cycle will be accepted.
Mandatory Orientation and Written Examination Testing Following completion of all application materials and review of minimum qualifications, successful applicants will be invited to attend the following:
Clear your calendar and make sure you are available on the following date: All candidates will receive an email approximately one week prior regarding their status in the process.
Mandatory Orientation and Written Examination Testing: Saturday, January 20, 2018 - Starts promptly at 8 a.m.Location: Gilberts Elementary School729 Paperbark LaneGilberts, IL 60136 Important Disclaimer for Potential Applicants:As part of this application form, you will be required to submit various documents, records and/or additional forms. Be sure to allow sufficient time to gather this documentation and fully complete the application before the deadline. In other words, do not wait until one day before the deadline to collect and submit the required documentation. In order for your application to be accepted, the following documents must be submitted with your application and received prior to the deadline:
- Copy of valid state-issued driver's license;
- Copy of birth certificate;
- Copy of high school diploma (or transcripts) -OR- G.E.D. equivalency;
- Copy of DD-214 indicating discharge status for military personnel.
The Village of Gilberts and The Gilberts Police Department are an Equal Opportunity Employer.