City of Batavia Police Department
The Batavia Board of Police & Fire Commissioners is accepting applications for the position of police officer with the Batavia Police Department
Starting Salary: $71,837 for probationary officers; after successful completion of FTO Program, $75,784 for Illinois Certified Officers with between 1 and 2 years full-time Police Officer experience, and $79,954 with over 2 years experience. Officers will reach the top salary of $99,049 after 6 years. The salary listed reflects wage rates in accordance with the terms of the 2018 contract.
Sworn Police Officers: 41
All applicants must meet the following minimum requirements established by the City of Batavia Board of Police & Fire Commissioners:
- U.S. citizenship;
- No felony convictions (or any misdemeanor conviction involving moral turpitude);
- Must be at least 21 years of age -AND- under the age of 35 at the time of application (or meet the exemption set forth in the Illinois Compiled Statutes 65 ILCS5/10-2.1-6);
- High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent;
- Pay a $45.00 non-refundable application processing fee;
- Application Deadline: 4:00 PM (CST) on Friday, May 3rd, 2019.
Required documents (to be submitted at time of application):
- Birth certificate;
- High school diploma or GED certificate;
- Be advised you will need to have a healthcare provider complete a Physician Release Form (due by the application deadline date May 3, 2019);
- College unofficial transcripts (if applicable);
- Military Service Record Form DD-214 (if applicant has military service);
- Incomplete or defective applications will not be accepted and will disqualify the applicant.
DATES TO REMEMBER:
- Submit Application: Applicants must complete and submit all application materials online by Friday, May 3rd, 2019 @ 4:00 PM (CST). Following completion of all application materials and review of minimum qualifications, successful applicants will be invited to attend the Orientation;
- Attend a Mandatory Orientation, Physical Ability Test, and Written Examination: Saturday, May 18th, 2019 at Rotolo Middle School (1501 S Raddant Rd, Batavia, IL 60510).
- Check-in: 7:00 AM to 8:00 AM. No admittance after 8:00 AM*
- Orientation: 8:00 AM
- Physical Ability Test: 9:00 AM
- Written Examination to begin promptly at 1:30 PM. No admittance after 1:30 PM*
*The orientation and testing process will begin promptly at 8:00 AM. Doors to the facility will be locked at that time and admittance will NOT be granted after 8:00 AM.
A maximum of (5) preference points will be awarded as determined by the City of Batavia for any one the following:
- Education: Persons who have successfully obtained an Associate's Degree in the field of law enforcement or criminal justice -OR- a Bachelor's Degree, in any field, from an accredited college or university. Copy of unofficial transcripts must be submitted with application to qualify.
- Experience: Persons who have been awarded a certificate of successful completion of the Minimum Standards Basic Law Enforcement Training Course (Certified Illinois Police Officer) and are currently serving as a Law Enforcement Officer on a part-time or full-time basis within the State of Illinois. Copy of state-issued certification must be submitted with application to qualify.
- Military: Persons who were engaged in the military or naval service of the United States for a period of at least one year of active duty, and who were honorably discharged, -OR- who are now, or have been members on inactive or reserve duty in such military or naval service. A copy of Form DD-214 or equivalent proof of current military service must be submitted with application to qualify.
Such preference points shall not be cumulative.
Important Disclaimer for Potential Applicants:
As part of this application form, you will be required to submit various documents, records and/or additional forms. Be sure to allow sufficient time to gather this documentation and fully complete the application before the deadline. In other words, do not wait until one day before the deadline to collect and submit additional required documentation. In order for your application to be accepted, all materials must be submitted and received prior to the deadline.
The City of Batavia is an Equal Opportunity Employer.