Fox Lake Police Department
Fox Lake, Illinois
The Board of Police Commissioners of the Village of Fox Lake, Illinois is accepting applications for the position of police officer.
Starting Salary: $58,698.56 Population: 10,579Sworn Police Officers: 30
TESTING IS BEING CONDUCTED TO ESTABLISH A NEW ELIGIBILITY LIST FOR AS MANY AS SIX (6) ANTICIPATED HIRES.
All applicants must meet the following minimum requirements established by the Village of Fox Lake Board of Police Commission:
- Citizenship: Must be a US Citizen -and/or- alien admitted for permanent residence -or- lawfully admitted for temporary residence by means of an immigrant visa and who produces evidence of intention to become a citizen of the United States. Immigrant versus non-immigrant visa status is determined under the Immigration and Nationality Act (8 U.S.C. 1101);
- Driver's License: Possess a valid state-issued driver's license with the ability to obtain an Illinois Driver's License upon time of hire;
- Age Requirement: Minimum of 21 years of age by the application deadline date of July 9, 2019 (unless the applicant is 20 years of age and has successfully completed two (2) years of law enforcement studies at an accredited college or university) -AND- UNDER 35 years of age at the time of application deadline date July 9, 2019 -AND- at such time the final eligibility register is posted (unless the applicant is a full-time police officer for a municipality in the United States, or are otherwise exempt by State Statute 65 IL5/10-2.1-6;
- Education: Possess a High School Diploma, GED Certificate, or High School Proficiency statement;
- Character: No felony convictions and be of good moral character as described in State Statute 65 IL 5/10-2.1-6
- Juvenile Disclosure Notice: Applicants are not obligated to disclose expunged juvenile records of adjudication or arrest;
- Testing: Must successfully complete a written examination on July 20, 2019 and meet the requirements of a background investigation, pass a psychological test, polygraph test, medical, vision, and drug testing prior to hire;
- Pay a $50.00 non-refundable application processing fee.
Preference Points will be awarded as determined by the Village of Fox Lake Board of Police Commission for the following. Such points shall not be cumulative. Valid documentation will be required and submitted at time of application to qualify.
- Military Veterans: 5 points (Minimum one year of active duty service with Honorable Discharge. Copy of DD-214 required);
- Education: 5 points (Bachelor's Degree in any major -OR- Associate's Degree in Criminal Justice or Law Enforcement from an accredited college or university);
- Illinois-Certified Law Enforcement Experience: 5 points (Persons who have been awarded and provide a certificate attesting to the successful completion of the Minimum Standards Basic Law Enforcement Training course - AND - are currently serving as a law enforcement officer on a part-time or full-time basis within the State of Illinois);
Submission of Application:
Applications MUST be submitted online by Tuesday, July 9, 2019 at 4:00 PM (CST). Faxed, e-mailed, mailed or dropped off applications will NOT be accepted. Applications submitted after the deadline will NOT be accepted. Only one application per person, per testing cycle will be accepted.
Required documents to be submitted at time of application*
- Copy of Valid State-Issued Driver's License;
- Copy of Birth Certificate;
- Copy of High School Diploma (or Transcripts), or GED Equivalent;
- Copy of College Transcripts (unofficial copies accepted at this stage);
- Military Service Record Form DD-214 (Required of applicants with previous or current military service).
*As part of this application form, you will be required to submit various documents, records and/or additional forms. Be sure to allow sufficient time to gather this documentation and fully complete the application before the deadline. In other words, do not wait until one day before the deadline to collect and submit additional required documentation. In order for your application to be accepted, all materials must be submitted and received prior to the deadline. Applicants must be as complete and detailed as possible in filling out the application. Incomplete or defective applications will NOT be accepted and will disqualify the applicant.
Mandatory Orientation and Written Examination Testing: Following completion of all application materials and review of minimum qualifications, successful applicants will be invited to attend the following. Clear your calendar and make sure you are available on the following date: Mandatory Orientation and Written Exam: Saturday, July 20, 2019 at Lakefront Park (71 Nippersink Boulevard, Fox Lake, IL 60020). Check-in will begin at 8:30 AM. Please be advised all candidates will receive an email approximately one week prior regarding their eligibility to continue in the process.
All applicants are subject to the Rules and Regulations of the Board of Police Commissioners
of the Village of Fox Lake, which is an Equal Opportunity Employer.