Zion Police Department
The Board of Fire and Police Commissioners of the City of Zion, Illinois is accepting applications for the position of police officer with the Zion Police Department.
Sworn Police Officers: 46
All applicants must meet the following minimum requirements established by the City of Zion:
- U.S. citizenship;
- No felony convictions (or any misdemeanor conviction involving moral turpitude);
- Valid driver's license;
- Must be at least 21 years of age and be under the age of 35 (or meet the exemption set forth in the Board of Fire and Police Commissioners Act of the Illinois Compiled Statutes (65 ILCS5/10-2.1-6);
- High school diploma or GED equivalent;
- Must have successfully passed the Illinois P.O.W.E.R. test on or after August 10, 2018. This card must be issued through either NIPSTA, Joliet Junior College, or Triton College;
- Pay a $40.00 non-refundable application processing fee;
- Application Deadline: Monday, July 29, 2019 at 4 pm (CST).
Required documents (to be submitted at time of application):
- Valid driver’s license;
- Birth certificate;
- Social security card;
- High school diploma or GED certificate;
- P.O.W.E.R card or certificate issued on or after August 10, 2018 (through NIPSTA, Joliet Junior College, or Triton College);
- Military Service Record Form DD-214 (if applicable).
NOTE: Incomplete or defective applications will NOT be accepted and will disqualify the applicant.
DATES TO REMEMBER:
- Submit Application: Applicants must complete and submit all application materials by Monday, July 29, 2019 @ 4:00 pm (CST). Faxed, e-mailed, mailed or dropped off applications will NOT be accepted. Applications submitted after the deadline will NOT be accepted.
- Written Examination: Following completion of all application materials and review of minimum qualifications, successful applicants will be invited to attend the Written Exam Administration on Saturday, August 10, 2019 @ 9:00 am at the Zion Benton Township High School (21st Street and Kenosha Road, Zion, IL).
Important Disclaimer for Potential Applicants:As part of this application form, you will be required to submit various documents, records and/or additional forms. Be sure to allow sufficient time to gather this documentation and fully complete the application before the deadline. In other words, do not wait until one day before the deadline to collect and submit additional required documentation. In order for your application to be accepted, all materials must be submitted and received prior to the deadline. The City of Zion is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- A Study Guide for the written exam is available for purchase at the following website:https://www.applytoserve.com/Study/ It contains useful information for preparing to take the exam, including a sample practice test and sample test answer key to check your answers.