Kankakee County Sheriff's OfficeKankakee, Illinois
The Kankakee County Sheriff's Office Merit Commission is accepting applications for the position of deputy sheriff with the Kankakee County Sheriff's Department.
Salary: $54,500 - $91,700 (30 years) Population: 110,000 (approx.)Sworn Officers: 49
All applicants must meet the following minimum requirements established by the County of Kankakee:
- U.S. citizenship;
- No felony convictions;
- Valid state-issued driver's license;
- Must be at least 20 years of age at the time of application and 21 years of age at time of appointment, unless otherwise exempt per state statute;
- Be a high school graduate (or have attained a GED) -AND- have successfully completed at least (80) semester hours of accredited college credit -OR- be currently employed at the Kankakee County Sheriff's Office in the Corrections Division with at least 2 years of service at the initial offer of employment -OR- currently serving in the United States military or have served and been honorably discharged -AND- a minimum of 40 semester hours of accredited college credit;
- Possess a valid P.O.W.E.R. Test card issued by NIPSTA, Triton College, Kankakee Community College, or Joliet Junior College within 12 months of the application deadline date (March 6, 2020) - OR - provide proof of current enrollment in a state of Illinois certified police academy;
- Must successfully complete a written examination and oral interview;
- Must successfully complete a background investigation, polygraph, and medical testing;
- Must be a resident of the County of Kankakee within 6 months of appointment as a sheriff's deputy;
- Pay a $45.00 non-refundable application processing fee.
Submission of Application
Applications MUST be submitted online by Friday, March 6, 2020 at 4:00 PM (CST). Faxed, e-mailed, mailed or dropped off applications will NOT be accepted. Applications submitted after the deadline will NOT be accepted. Only one application per person, per testing cycle will be accepted.
Mandatory Written Examination Testing Following completion of all application materials and review of minimum qualifications, successful applicants will be invited to attend the following:
Clear your calendar and make sure you are available on the following date: All candidates will receive an email approximately one week prior regarding their status in the process. NOTE: Please be sure to check your email spam folder. Many email account providers automatically send our emails there in error (i.e. Google, Yahoo, etc.).
Written Exam: Monday, March 16, 2020 - Check-in starts at 5:30 p.m.; Exam starts promptly at 6:00 p.m.Location: Kankakee County Sheriff's Office3000 S. Justice WayKankakee, IL 60901 Important Disclaimer for Potential Applicants:As part of this application form, you will be required to submit various documents, records and/or additional forms. Be sure to allow sufficient time to gather this documentation and fully complete the application before the deadline. In other words, do not wait until one day before the deadline to collect and submit additional required documentation. In order for your application to be accepted, all materials must be submitted and received prior to the deadline.
The County of Kankakee, Illinois is an Equal Opportunity Employer.