The Clinton, Illinois Fire & Police Commission is accepting applications for the position of police officer with the Clinton Police Department.
Salary: $42,399.47 for first 6 months; $45,135.70 after 6 months; $48,482.42 after 1 year
Sworn Police Officers: 14
All applicants must meet the following minimum requirements established by the Clinton, Illinois Fire & Police Commissioners:
- U.S. citizenship;
- Must possess a valid driver's license;
- Must have obtained a high school diploma or high school equivalency/G.E.D;
- No felony convictions or misdemeanor convictions involving moral turpitude, as specified in 65 ILCS 5/10-2.1-6;
- Minimum of 21 years of age at the time of application and UNDER the age of 35 at the time the eligibility list is posted, unless otherwise exempt by State Statute (65 ILCS 5/10-2.1-6);
- Residency requirement: Must live within 30 miles radius of the Clinton Police Department headquarters within 18 months of hiring;
- $40.00 non-refundable application processing fee;
- Submit all application documents online by Tuesday, April 14, 2020 @ 4:00 PM CST;
- Attend a mandatory orientation and written test on Saturday, April 25, 2020 at Clinton City Hall (118 W. Washington, Clinton, IL 61727) beginning at 8:00 AM (CST). Applicants will be notified by telephone if the location is moved due to a conflict;
- Must meet the requirements of a background check and pass a medical and psychological testing prior to employment;
- Must pass a physical agility test at time of conditional offer of employment.
The following documents MUST be included with your application:
- Valid driver's license;
- Birth certificate;
- Social security card;
- High school diploma -or- transcripts -or- G.E.D. high school equivalency;
- Completed physician's form (included in application - must be filled out and signed by a physician and uploaded with your submitted application;
- For all applicants with military service, a DD-214 Form is REQUIRED.
Submission of Application
- Applications MUST be submitted online by Tuesday, April 14, 2020 at 4:00 PM (CST). Faxed, e-mailed, mailed or dropped off applications will NOT be accepted.
- Applications submitted after the deadline will NOT be accepted.
The City of Clinton, Illinois is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Important Disclaimer for Potential Applicants:
As part of this application form, you will be required to submit various documents, records and/or additional forms. Be sure to allow sufficient time to gather this documentation and fully complete the application before the deadline. In other words, do not wait until one day before the deadline to collect and submit additional required documentation. In order for your application to be accepted, ALL materials must be submitted and received prior to the deadline. You may wish to print this page for your records.