West Dundee Fire Department
West Dundee, Illinois
The West Dundee, Illinois Fire and Police Commission is accepting applications for the position of firefighter/paramedic with the West Dundee Fire Department.
Salary: $63,079.53 to $83,844.89 with excellent benefits plus annual holiday pay of $2,183 to $2,903Population: 7,367Sworn Personnel: 10 career and 30 part-time
All applicants must meet the following minimum requirements established by the Village of West Dundee:
- U.S. citizenship;
- No felony convictions;
- Valid state-issued driver's license;
- Minimum of 21 years of age and not older than 34 years of age by the application deadline date (September 22, 2020), unless the candidate has previous experience as a full-time firefighter in the state of Illinois, or is a veteran that qualifies under Illinois Public Act 97-0251;
- Possess a high school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent;
- Possess a valid Paramedic License (EMT-P) issued by the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) -OR- be enrolled in an Illinois Paramedic Certification Training Program (at time of application);
- Certification by the State Fire Marshall's office as a Basic Operations Firefighter (Firefighter II) (at time of application);
- Provide a valid CPAT (Candidate Physical Ability Test Card) with Ladder Climb Certificate (at time of conditional offer);
- Residency within 35 miles of the Village of West Dundee will be required within one year of hire;
- Pay a $45.00 non-refundable application processing fee.
Preference Points will be awarded as determined by the Village of West Dundee for the following:
- Military Experience: 5 points. Awarded to applicants who have served a minimum of 1 year of active duty for U.S. military service members with an Honorable Discharge. DD-214 must be submitted with application to qualify.
- Education: 5 points. Candidates must possess an Associate’s Degree in Fire Science or Emergency Medical Services from an accredited community or junior college –OR- a Bachelor’s Degree in any field from an accredited college or university. A copy of the diploma or unofficial transcripts must be submitted with application to qualify.
- Additional Points: 1-5 points. Candidates currently employed by the West Dundee Fire Department in a part-time capacity shall be awarded 1 point for 1 full year of service, 3 points for 2 full years of service, or 5 points for 3 (or more) full years of service. Eligibility will be verified by the Chief of the Department.
Submission of Application:
Applications submitted online by Tuesday, September 22, 2020 at 4:00 PM (CST) will be accepted. Faxed, e-mailed, mailed or dropped off applications will NOT be accepted. Only one application per person, per testing cycle will be accepted.
Mandatory Orientation and Written Examination Testing Following completion of all application materials and review of minimum qualifications, successful applicants will be invited to attend the following. Clear your calendar and make sure you are available on the following date: All candidates will receive an email approximately one week prior regarding their status in the process.
NOTE: PLEASE BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR EMAIL SPAM FOLDER AS SOMETIMES EMAIL PROVIDERS (SUCH AS GMAIL, YAHOO, ETC.) SEND OUR EMAILS DIRECTLY TO SPAM.
Thursday, October 22, 2020 - Check-in starts at 5:00 PMLocation: West Dundee Public Safety Center #2100 Carrington Drive (Route 72 and Sleepy Hollow Road)West Dundee, IL 60118 The Village of West Dundee is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Important Disclaimer for Potential Applicants:As part of this application form, you will be required to submit various documents, records and/or additional forms. Be sure to allow sufficient time to gather this documentation and fully complete the application before the deadline. In other words, do not wait until one day before the deadline to collect and submit additional required documentation. In order for your application to be accepted, all materials must be submitted and received prior to the deadline.