Manteno Community Fire Protection District
The Board of Fire Commissioners is accepting applications to the position of firefighter/paramedic with the Manteno Community Fire Protection District.
Starting Salary: $52,500.00 (plus health insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, vacation, sick, and personal time, and pension plan)Population: 12,500
Sworn Fire Service Personnel: 22 full-time firefighters; 6 paid on call firefighters
All Applicants Must Meet the Following Minimum Requirements established by the Manteno Community Fire Protection District:
- At least 21 years of age and under 35 years of age, unless previously a full-time Firefighter in Illinois as noted under state statute (65 IL 5/10-2.1-6.3) by the time of the written examination (October 31, 2020);
- Be a U.S. Citizen or legally authorized to work in the U.S.;
- Possess a valid driver's license;
- Have a High School Diploma or GED equivalent;
- Possess a valid Paramedic License (EMT-P) issued by the Illinois Department of Public Health - (IDPH) (at time of application);
- Certification by the State Fire Marshall's office as a Firefighter II (Basic) (at time of application);
- Provide a valid CPAT (Candidate Physical Ability Test Card) with Ladder Climb (at time of hire);
- Be able to speak, read, and write the English language fluently;
- Have correctable vision and have ability to distinguish colors;
- Pay a $45.00 non-refundable application processing fee.
Preference Points will be awarded by the Manteno Community Fire Protection District for any one of the following:
- Veteran Status: (3 points) Must have actively served at least 1 year in the United States military and must have been honorably discharged. Copy of Military Form DD-214 will be required;
- Experience: (5 points) Paid on-call employees of our District with the necessary qualifications (FF II and Paramedic license), serving in this District for a minimum of 2 years consecutively;
- Residency: (5 points) Minimum current residency of 3 years within the Fire District. Proof of residency will be required.
Submission of Application: Applications MUST be submitted online by Friday, October 16, 2020 at 4:00 PM (CST). Faxed, e-mailed, mailed or dropped off applications will NOT be accepted. Applications submitted after the deadline will NOT be accepted. Only one application per person, per testing cycle will be accepted.
On-line Written Examination Testing: Following completion of all application materials and review of minimum qualifications, successful applicants will be invited to participate in remote on-line written exam testing on Saturday, October 31, 2020 (test will be available between the hours of 8 AM and 5 PM). Candidates will need to have access to a laptop or desktop computer. All candidates will receive an email approximately one week prior regarding their status in the process, along with further instructions for taking the on-line written exam. NOTE: Please be sure to check your email spam folder. Many email account providers automatically send our emails there in error (i.e. Google, Yahoo, etc.).
Important Disclaimer for Potential Applicants: As part of this application form, you will be required to submit copies of the following documents as part of your application. Applicants failing to provide the following documentation with their application will be ineligible to continue in the hiring process.
The Manteno Community Fire Protection District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Birth Certificate;
- Social Security Card;
- Valid Driver's License;
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent Certificate;
- Current EMT-P license issued by the IDPH;
- OSFM Firefighter II (Basic) Certificate.