The Clinton, Illinois Fire & Police Commission is accepting applications for the position of driver/engineer with the Clinton Fire Department.
Engineers: 3 full-time
All applicants must meet the following minimum requirements established by the Clinton, Illinois Fire and Police Commissioners:
- U.S. citizenship;
- Must possess a valid driver's license;
- Must have obtained a high school diploma or high school equivalency/G.E.D.;
- No felony convictions or misdemeanor convictions involving moral turpitude, as specified in 65 ILCS 5/10-2.1-6;
- Minimum of 21 years of age at the time of application and UNDER the age of 35 at the day of testing (10/20/18), unless otherwise exempt by State Statute (65 ILCS 5/10-2.1-6);
- Residency requirement: Must live within 30 miles radius of the Clinton Fire Department headquarters within 18 months of hire date;
- Possess a valid Emergency Medical Technician - Basic (EMT-B) issued by the Illinois Department of Public Health - (IDPH) (at time of application);
- Provide a valid CPAT (Candidate Physical Ability Test Card) with Ladder Climb (valid at the time of appointment) with an issue date within 12 months;
- Meet the requirements of a background check and pass a medical and psychological testing prior to time of hire;
- Pay a $40.00 non-refundable application processing fee;
- Submit all application documents online by Wednesday, September 30, 2020 @ 4:00 PM CST;
- Attend a mandatory orientation and a written examination testing on Saturday, October 24, 2020 at 10:00 AM at Clinton City Hall, 118 W. Washington, Clinton, IL 61727.
The following documents MUST be included with your application:
- Valid driver's license;
- Birth certificate;
- Social security card;
- High school diploma or high school equivalency/GED;
- For all applicants with military service, a DD-214 Form is required;
- Current EMT-B license issued by the IDPH;
- CPAT (Candidate Physical Ability Test) Card (optional - must have a valid CPAT at time of appointment).
Submission of Application
- Applications MUST be submitted online by Wednesday, September 30, 2020 at 4:00 PM (CST). Faxed, e-mailed, mailed or dropped off applications will NOT be accepted.
- Applications submitted after the deadline will NOT be accepted.
Important Disclaimer for Potential Applicants:
As part of this application form, you will be required to submit various documents, records and/or additional forms. Be sure to allow sufficient time to gather this documentation and fully complete the application before the deadline. In other words, do not wait until one day before the deadline to collect and submit additional required documentation. In order for your application to be accepted, ALL materials must be submitted and received prior to the deadline. You may wish to print this page for your records.
The City of Clinton, Illinois is an Equal Opportunity Employer.