Bridgeview Fire Department
The Village of Bridgeview, Illinois Personnel Board is accepting applications to the position of firefighter/paramedic with the Bridgeview Fire Department.
Starting Salary: $57,373 (Per union contract, with a probable increase upon new contract ratification)Benefits Include: Health insurance, hospitalization, life insurance, pension plan, sick days and vacation time. All Applicants Must Meet the Following Minimum Requirements established by the Village of Bridgeview:
- Be a United States Citizen -OR- legally authorized to work in the United States;
- Be twenty-five (25) years of age; An applicant must be at least 22.5 years of age at the time of application;
- Possess and present a valid Illinois driver's license (must be a minimum of a Class D license, with the ability to obtain a Class B non-CDL during probation, with no restrictions except for corrective eye lenses). Note: A valid license from another US State must be equivalent;
- Be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language;
- Vision must be 20/20 with both eyes open or correctable to 20/20 with corrective lenses in both eyes;
- Have successfully completed at least sixty (60) semester hours -AND- an Associates Degree from an accredited college or university with at least a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 on a 4.0 grading scale -OR- at least two (2) years active U.S. military service, terminating in an honorable discharge (at time of application);
- Possess a valid Paramedic License (EMT-P) issued by the Illinois Department of Public Health - (IDPH) (at time of application) Note: Applicants must successfully pass the entrance exam for the Bridgeview Fire Department's EMS System before being hired;
- Possess a current Illinois state-issued Basic Operations Firefighter, Firefighter II Certification, or the updated equivalent (at time of application);
- Provide a valid CPAT (Candidate Physical Ability Test Card) with Ladder Climb issued not more than 12 months from the application deadline date of September 24, 2020 (at time of application);
- Be of sound health and the ability to perform the essential functions of the job with or without a reasonable accommodation;
- Be of good moral character, of temperate habits, and have not been convicted of a felony of any nature, or convicted of a misdemeanor involving moral turpitude, including but not limited to those cited in the provisions of 65 ILCS 5/10-2.1-6.3(i), or convicted of multiple misdemeanors of any nature;
- Must successfully meet all such other requirements as set forth by the Illinois Compiled Statutes and the Village of Bridgeview Personnel Board Rules and Regulations, possibly including, but not limited to the following: successfully pass a written examination, in-depth background investigation, pass a polygraph test, pass a psychological assessment, and pass a medical examination including a drug test screening by a physician designated by the Village of Bridgeview;
- Candidates upon appointment must make an application to the local Fire Pension Commission for acceptance into the fire pension fund;
- Pay a $50.00 non-refundable application processing fee.
Submission of Application: Applications MUST be submitted online by Thursday, September 24, 2020 at 4:00 PM (CST). Faxed, e-mailed, mailed or dropped off applications will NOT be accepted. Applications submitted after the deadline will NOT be accepted. Only one application per person, per testing cycle will be accepted.
Mandatory Orientation and Written Exam Testing Date - Please mark your calendar and ensure you are available for this mandatory stage of the hiring process. Applicants will receive notification approximately one week prior to the date pertaining to their status. NOTE: Please be sure to check your email spam folder. Many email account providers automatically send our emails there in error (i.e. Google, Yahoo, etc.).
Saturday, October 3, 2020 (Check-in starts at 7:30 AM; Test begins promptly at 8:00 AM - no exceptions will be made for late arrivals). Location to be announced closer to the test date.
Important Disclaimer for Potential Applicants: As part of this application form, you will be required to submit copies of the following documents as part of your application. Applicants failing to provide the following documentation with their application will be ineligible to continue in the hiring process.
The Village of Bridgeview is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Birth Certificate;
- Social Security Card;
- Valid Illinois Driver's License (Class D);
- Associates Degree Diploma -AND- Transcripts -OR- U.S. Military Form DD-214 indicating a minimum of 2 years active duty service and status of discharge;
- CPAT (Candidate Physical Ability Test) Card with Ladder Climb, issued not more than 12 months from the application deadline date (September 24, 2020);
- Current EMT-P license issued by the IDPH;
- Illinois State issued BOF or Firefighter II Certification;
- Military Form DD-214 (required of applicants with prior military service).