Libertyville Police Department
The Board of Police and Fire Commissioners of the Village of Libertyville, Illinois is accepting applications for the position of police officer with the Libertyville Police Department.
Sworn Police Officers: 40
All applicants must meet the following minimum requirements established by the Village of Libertyville:
- U.S. citizenship;
- No felony convictions (Note: a misdemeanor or serious traffic offense may also disqualify applicants from further consideration);
- Valid driver's license;
- Possess 20/20 corrected vision;
- Minimum of 21 years of age by the application deadline date (October 1, 2020);
- Be UNDER 35 years of age at the time of application and at such time as the initial eligibility list is posted, unless exempt from such age limitations as provided in Section 5/10.2 1-6 of the Fire and Police Commissioners Act;
- Be a high school graduate or possess a G.E.D. equivalent;
- Possess a valid POWER test card -OR- equivalent criteria as per the State standard, issued within 6 months prior to the date of the written exam (October 10, 2020);
- Only POWER Test Cards issued by NIPSTA, Triton College, or Joliet Junior College will be accepted;
- Applicants must present the POWER Test card NO LATER than the written exam date (October 10, 2020);
- Pay a $45 non-refundable application processing fee.
Submission of Application:
Applications MUST be submitted online by Thursday, October 1, 2020 at 4:00 PM (CST). Faxed, e-mailed, mailed or dropped off applications will NOT be accepted. Applications submitted after the deadline will NOT be accepted. Only one application per person, per testing cycle will be accepted.
Mandatory Written Examination Testing Following completion of all application materials and review of minimum qualifications, successful applicants will be invited to attend the following:
Clear your calendar and make sure you are available on the following date: All candidates will receive an email approximately one week prior regarding their status in the process. NOTE: PLEASE BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR EMAIL SPAM FOLDER AS SOMETIMES EMAIL PROVIDERS (SUCH AS GMAIL, YAHOO, ETC.) SEND OUR EMAILS DIRECTLY TO SPAM.
Mandatory Written Examination Testing: Saturday, October 10, 2020*
Time(s) to be determined: Two testing sessions (one morning & one afternoon session) may be needed based on number of applicants.Location: Libertyville Sports Complex1950 US-45Libertyville, IL 60048 Important Disclaimer for Potential Applicants:As part of this application form, you will be required to submit various documents, records and/or additional forms. Be sure to allow sufficient time to gather this documentation and fully complete the application before the deadline. In other words, do not wait until one day before the deadline to collect and submit additional required documentation. In order for your application to be accepted, all materials must be submitted and received prior to the deadline.
The Village of Libertyville is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the continuing policy of the Libertyville Police Department to afford equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals, regardless of their race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, or disability, and to conform to applicable laws and regulations. Equal opportunity encompasses all aspects of employment practices to include, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, benefits, promotions, transfers, and discipline.