The Village of Monee, Illinois Fire & Police Commission is accepting applications for the position of police officer with the Monee Police Department.
Salary: $55,642.80 - $78,929.75
Sworn Police Officers: 15 Full-time, 5 Part-time
All applicants must meet the following minimum requirements established by the Village of Monee, Illinois Fire and Police Commissioners:
- U.S. citizenship;
- No felony convictions or misdemeanor convictions involving moral turpitude, as specified in 65 ILCS 5/10-2.1-6;
- Minimum of 21 years of age at the time of application and must be UNDER 35 years of age at the time of application and at the time the initial eligibility list is posted, unless otherwise exempt by State Statute 65 ILCS 5/10-2.1-6;
- High school diploma -OR- transcripts -OR- high school equivalency/G.E.D.;
- Valid driver's license;
- Must have a valid POWER Test card -OR- Military APFT form (issued in 2020);
- Must possess a valid FOID card prior to an offer of employment;
- Must reside within 40 miles of the Village of Monee at the time of hire;
- Pay a $30.00 non-refundable application processing fee;
- Submit all application documents online by Friday, October 16, 2020 @ 4:00 PM.
The following documents MUST be included with your application:
- Birth certificate;
- Social Security card;
- Valid driver's license;
- High school diploma -OR- transcripts -OR- high school equivalency/GED;
- Valid POWER Test card -OR- Military APFT form (issued in 2020);
- Copy of college/university degree diploma -AND-/-OR- transcripts;
- Military Service Record Form DD-214 (required for any applicant with military service).
Submission of Application
- Applications MUST be submitted online by Friday, October 16, 2020 at 4:00 PM. Faxed, e-mailed, mailed or dropped off applications will NOT be accepted.
- Applications submitted after the deadline will NOT be accepted. Only one application per person, per testing cycle will be accepted.
Hiring Process Steps and Timeline
Phase 1: Submit Application (YOU ARE CURRENTLY AT THIS PHASE) Applicants must complete and submit all application materials by Friday, October 16, 2020 at 4:00 PM.
Phase 2: Mandatory Orientation and Written Examination Following completion of all application materials and review of minimum qualifications, successful applicants will be invited to attend the following. All candidates will receive an email approximately one week prior regarding their status in the process. NOTE: PLEASE BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR EMAIL SPAM FOLDER AS SOMETIMES EMAIL PROVIDERS (SUCH AS GMAIL, YAHOO, ETC.) SEND OUR EMAILS DIRECTLY TO SPAM.
Saturday, November 7, 2020 (Check-in begins at 9:00 AM)Location: Fireman's Park Pavillion (5162 W. Court St. Monee, IL 60449) *Doors will be locked at 10:00 AM. No exceptions will be made for late arrivals.
- A mandatory orientation will immediately follow candidate check-in.
- The written examination will be administered following the orientation session.
- Candidates should expect to be on-site for testing until approximately 1 PM.
The Village of Monee is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Important Disclaimer for Potential Applicants:
As part of this application form, you will be required to submit various documents, records and/or additional forms. Be sure to allow sufficient time to gather this documentation and fully complete the application before the deadline. In other words, do not wait until one day before the deadline to collect and submit additional required documentation. In order for your application to be accepted, ALL materials must be submitted and received prior to the deadline. You may wish to print this page for your records.