Rockford Park District Police Department
The Rockford Park District Police Department in Rockford, Illinois is accepting applications for the position of Certified Police Officer.
Sworn Police Officers: 26
All applicants must meet the following minimum requirements established by the Rockford Park District Police Department:
- U.S. citizenship;
- No felony convictions (Note: a misdemeanor or serious traffic offense may also disqualify applicants from further consideration);
- Valid State-issued driver's license;
- Be a high school graduate or possess a G.E.D. equivalent;
- Meet the following criteria to be considered for placement on a Certified Police Officer Eligibility Register pursuant to 65 ILCS 5/10-2.1-6(h):
- Certification from the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board as a certified full-time Law Enforcement Officer; -AND-
- Previous continuous service as a Police Officer in any Illinois municipality, county, university, or state law enforcement agency for a minimum of two years; -AND-
- In good standing in the Police Department in which the person currently serves or separated from in good standing with no adverse employment action; -AND-
- Eligible to be granted a waiver of basic training from the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board.
- Pay a $45.00 non-refundable application processing fee.
Submission of Application:
Applications MUST be submitted online by Thursday, October 8, 2020 at 4:00 PM. Faxed, e-mailed, mailed or dropped off applications will NOT be accepted. Applications submitted after the deadline will NOT be accepted. Only one application per person, per testing cycle will be accepted.
Mandatory Orientation and Written Examination Testing Following completion of all application materials and review of minimum qualifications, successful applicants will be invited to attend the following:
Clear your calendar and make sure you are available on the following date: All candidates will receive an email approximately one week prior regarding their status in the process. NOTE: Please be sure to check your email spam folder. Many email account providers automatically send our emails there in error (i.e. Google, Yahoo, etc.).
Mandatory Orientation and Written Examination Testing: Saturday, October 17, 2020Check-in starts at 8:45 AM to 9:00 AM Location: Webb Norman Center401 S. Main StreetRockford, IL 61101 Important Disclaimer for Potential Applicants:As part of this application form, you will be required to submit various documents, records and/or additional forms. Be sure to allow sufficient time to gather this documentation and fully complete the application before the deadline. In other words, do not wait until one day before the deadline to collect and submit additional required documentation. In order for your application to be accepted, all materials must be submitted and received prior to the deadline.
The Rockford Park District Police Department is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the continuing policy of the Police Department to afford equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals, regardless of their race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, or disability, and to conform to applicable laws and regulations. Equal opportunity encompasses all aspects of employment practices to include, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, benefits, promotions, transfers, and discipline.