Hillside Fire Department, The Village of Hillside, Illinois
The Board of Fire and Police Commissioners of the Village of Hillside, Illinois is accepting applications for the position of firefighter/paramedic with the Hillside Fire Department.
Salary: $59,090 - $93,661Population: 8,100Sworn Personnel: 25
All applicants must meet the following minimum requirements established by the Village of Hillside:
- U.S. citizenship;
- No felony convictions;
- High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent;
- Valid Illinois driver's license;
- Minimum of 21 years of age (as of the application deadline date of November 20, 2020) -AND- must be UNDER 35 years of age as of date of hire, unless otherwise exempt by State Statute;
- Must have a current Paramedic certification in the State of Illinois at the time of hire;
- Must present CPAT/Ladder Climb certification issued by NIPSTA or SUFD by the date of the written examination (December 4, 2020);
- Please visit the following websites for additional information on obtaining certification:
- Must meet the requirements of a background check and pass a medical, psychological, and polygraph test;
- Participate in a mandatory remote on-line written examination (Test will be available to applicants between Friday, December 4th and Sunday, December 6th, 2020);
- Pay a $45.00 non-refundable application processing fee;
- Application deadline is Friday, November 20, 2020 at 4:00 PM.
Preference Points will be awarded as determined by the Village of Hillside for the following:
- Military Experience: Active duty U.S. military service members with an un-redacted Honorable Discharge. Form DD-214 must be submitted with application to qualify.
- Certified Paramedics: Applicants currently certified as paramedics will be awarded preference points on the final register list. A copy of valid certification must be submitted with application to qualify.
Submission of Application:
- Applications MUST be submitted online by Friday, November 20, 2020 at 4:00 PM. Faxed, e-mailed, mailed or dropped off applications will NOT be accepted.
- Applications submitted after the deadline will NOT be accepted. Only one application per person, per testing cycle will be accepted.
Mandatory Next Steps in the Hiring Process:
Following completion of all application materials and review of minimum qualifications, successful applicants will be invited to participate in remote on-line written exam testing starting at 9 AM on Friday, December 4, 2020 through Sunday, December 6, 2020 at 4 PM. The test will only be available during this time period. Candidates will need to have access to a laptop or desktop computer. All candidates will receive an email approximately one week prior regarding their status in the process, along with further instructions for taking the on-line written exam. NOTE: Please be sure to check your email spam folder. Many email account providers automatically send our emails there in error (i.e. Google, Yahoo, etc.).
The Village of Hillside, Illinois is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to maintaining diversity in the workforce.