Johnsburg Police Department
The Board of Police and Fire Commissioners of the Village of Johnsburg, Illinois is accepting applications for the position of police officer with the Johnsburg Police Department.
Salary: $58,140 - $81,789 (after 7 years)
Sworn Police Officers: 10 full-time and 8 part-time
All applicants must meet the following minimum requirements established by the Village of Johnsburg:
- U.S. citizenship or permanent resident;
- No felony convictions (Note: a misdemeanor or serious traffic offense may also disqualify applicants from further consideration);
- Valid state-issued driver's license;
- Minimum of 20 years of age by the application deadline date (October 13, 2020). All applicants must turn 21 years of age by the time of appointment;
- Must be UNDER 35 years of age, subject to the age exception provisions of 65 ILCS 5/10- 2.1-6(d);
- Be a high school graduate or possess a G.E.D. equivalent;
- Possess a valid NIPSTA (P.O.W.E.R. Test) card - OR - equivalent criteria as per the State standard, issued within 12 months of the application deadline date (October 13, 2020); P.O.W.E.R. Test Cards issued by Triton College or Joliet Junior College will also be accepted. NOTE: The P.O.W.E.R. Test card will be waived for current certified law enforcement officers with proof of law enforcement certification;
- Pay a $45.00 non-refundable application processing fee.
A maximum of (5) preference points will be awarded as determined by the Village of Johnsburg for either one the following:
- Military: Persons who were engaged in the military or naval service of the United States for at least one year, and were honorably discharged, - OR - who are now, or may hereafter be on inactive or reserve duty in such military or naval service. A copy of Form DD-214 or equivalent proof of current military service must be submitted with application to qualify (5 points).
- Education: Persons who have successfully obtained an Associate's Degree in the field of law enforcement or criminal justice - OR - a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university. Copy of unofficial transcripts must be submitted with application to qualify (5 points).
Submission of Application:
Applications MUST be submitted online by Tuesday, October 13, 2020 at 4:00 PM (CST). Faxed, e-mailed, mailed or dropped off applications will NOT be accepted. Applications submitted after the deadline will NOT be accepted. Only one application per person, per testing cycle will be accepted.
Mandatory Next Steps in the Hiring Process:
Remote On-Line Written Examination Testing Following completion of all application materials and review of minimum qualifications, applicants will be invited to participate in remote on-line written exam testing available from 8 AM on Saturday, October 24, 2020 through 8 AM on Sunday, October 25, 2020. The test will only be available during this time period. Candidates will need to have access to a laptop or desktop computer. All candidates will receive an email approximately one week prior regarding their status in the process. Further instructions for taking the on-line written exam will also be provided the day prior to the examination date. NOTE: Please be sure to check your email spam folder. Many email account providers automatically send our emails there in error (i.e. Google, Yahoo, etc.).
Important Disclaimer for Potential Applicants:As part of this application form, you will be required to submit various documents, records and/or additional forms. Be sure to allow sufficient time to gather this documentation and fully complete the application before the deadline. In other words, do not wait until one day before the deadline to collect and submit additional required documentation. In order for your application to be accepted, all materials must be submitted and received prior to the deadline.
The Village of Johnsburg is an equal opportunity employer in all aspects of personnel policies, programs, benefits, practices and operations. All applicants will receive equal consideration regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other category protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and require assistance or accommodation related to the application process, please contact human resources.