The Village of Bradley, Illinois Board of Police Commissioners is accepting applications for the position of police officer with the Bradley Police Department.
Starting Salary: $52,457.60
Sworn Police Officers: 34
Population: 15,277 (2018 census)
All applicants must meet the following minimum requirements established by the Village of Bradley, Illinois Board of Police and Fire Commissioners:
- U.S. citizenship;
- No felony convictions (Note: a misdemeanor or serious traffic offense may also disqualify applicants from further consideration);
- Possess a valid state-issued driver's license;
- Minimum of 21 years of age -AND- UNDER 35 years of age by the application deadline date (November 20, 2020) unless otherwise exempt from such age limitations as provided in 65 ILCS 5/10-2.1-6 of the Fire and Police Commissioner's Act;
- Be a high school graduate or possess a G.E.D. equivalent;
- Must successfully pass a written examination;
- Must successfully complete an oral interview and background investigation (applicants will be required to fully disclose all personal matters, to include agreements and sealed files);
- Must successfully complete a psychological evaluation, polygraph examination, and medical screening (including drug and alcohol screening);
- Must successfully pass physical agility test (Illinois P.O.W.E.R. Test) at time of academy.
- Submit all application documents online by Friday, November 20, 2020 at 4:00 PM;
- Review a mandatory police officer candidate orientation presentation prior to submitting application (you will be required to sign a form acknowledging you reviewed this as part of the application).
Preference points will be awarded as determined by the Village of Bradley for the following:
Education: Possess an Associate's Degree in the field of criminal justice or related field from an accredited community or junior college - OR - a Bachelor's Degree or higher in any field from an accredited college or university. A copy of the diploma and/or official transcripts must be submitted with application to qualify.
Military: Persons who were engaged in active military or naval service of the United States for at least one year and were honorably discharged. A copy of Form DD-214 (indicating status of discharge) must be submitted with application to qualify.
Current Illinois Law Enforcement Officers: Persons awarded a certificate attesting to the successful completion of the Minimum Standards Basic Law Enforcement Training Course as provided in the Illinois Police Training Act. A copy of your certificate must be submitted with application to qualify.
Copies of the following documents MUST be included with your application:
- Valid driver's license
- Social Security card
- Birth certificate
- High school diploma (or transcripts) or G.E.D. equivalent
- College transcripts or diploma, if applicable
- Military Form DD-214 (must indicate status of discharge), if applicable
- Law Enforcment Officer Certification, if applicable
Submission of Application
- Applications MUST be submitted online by Friday, November 20, 2020 at 4:00 PM (CST). Faxed, e-mailed, mailed or dropped off applications will NOT be accepted.
- Applications submitted after the deadline will NOT be accepted.
Mandatory Next Steps in the Hiring Process
Following completion of all application materials and review of minimum qualifications, successful applicants will be invited to participate in remote on-line written exam testing starting at 9 AM on Wednesday, December 2, 2020 through Saturday, December 5, 2020 at 4 PM. The test will only be available during this time period. Candidates will need to have access to a laptop or desktop computer. All candidates will receive an email approximately one week prior regarding their status in the process, along with further instructions for taking the on-line written exam. NOTE: Please be sure to check your email spam folder. Many email account providers automatically send our emails there in error (i.e. Google, Yahoo, etc.).
Important Disclaimer for Potential Applicants:
As part of this application form, you will be required to submit various documents, records and/or additional forms. Be sure to allow sufficient time to gather this documentation and fully complete the application before the deadline. In other words, do not wait until one day before the deadline to collect and submit additional required documentation. In order for your application to be accepted, ALL materials must be submitted and received prior to the deadline. You may wish to print this page for your records.
The Village of Bradley is an Equal Opportunity Employer.