NOTE: There is no application fee for this hiring process.
Beardstown Police Department
The Board of Fire and Police Commissioners of the City of Beardstown, Illinois is accepting applications for the position of police officer with the Beardstown Police Department.
Salary: $46,825.00 (upon academy graduation and completion of 12-month probationary period)
Benefits include excellent pension plan, health insurance, vacation, personal and sick leave, holiday pay, take-home vehicles, shift differential pay, overtime opportunities, specialty assignments, and 12-hour work schedule.
Sworn Police Officers: 15
All applicants must meet the following minimum requirements established by the City of Beardstown Board of Fire and Police Commissioners:
- U.S. citizenship;
- Minimum of 21 years of age -AND- not over the age of 35 at time of appointment, except as provided in 65 ILCS 5/10-2.1-6;
- No felony convictions or misdemeanor convictions for crimes of moral turpitude;
- Possess a valid driver's license with good driving record;
- Be a high school graduate or possess a G.E.D. equivalent;
- Possess 20/20 corrected vision with good depth perception and cannot be colorblind;
- Must successfully complete a written examination. Candidates achieving a passing score will move onto the oral interview stage;
- Must successfully complete a background investigation, polygraph, and psychological testing. NOTE: All applicants will be required to fully disclose all personal matters, to include agreements and sealed files;
- Must successfully complete a physcial ability test, medical and visual examination, including drug and alcohol screening.
Preference points will be awarded as determined by the City of Beardstown Board of Fire and Police Commissioners for the following:
- Military: Persons who were engaged in the military or naval service of the United States for at least one year, and were honorably discharged. A copy of Form DD-214 (indicating status of discharge) must be submitted with application to qualify.
- Experience: Persons who have been awarded a certificate of successful completion of the Minimum Standards Basic Law Enforcement Training Course (Certified Illinois Police Officer). Copy of state-issued certification must be submitted with application to qualify.
Submission of Application:
Applications MUST be submitted online by Friday, November 13, 2020 at 4:00 PM (CST). Faxed, e-mailed, mailed or dropped off applications will NOT be accepted. Applications submitted after the deadline will NOT be accepted. Only one application per person, per testing cycle will be accepted.
Mandatory Next Steps in the Hiring Process:
Following completion of all application materials and review of qualifications, successful applicants will be invited to participate in remote on-line written exam testing starting at 9 AM on Thursday, November 19, 2020 through Saturday, November 21, 2020 at 4 PM. The test will only be available during this time period. Candidates will need to have access to a laptop or desktop computer. All candidates will receive an email approximately one week prior regarding their status in the process, along with further instructions for taking the on-line written exam. NOTE: Please be sure to check your email spam folder. Many email account providers automatically send our emails there in error (i.e. Google, Yahoo, etc.).
Important Disclaimer for Potential Applicants:As part of this application form, you will be required to submit various documents, records and/or additional forms. Be sure to allow sufficient time to gather this documentation and fully complete the application before the deadline. In other words, do not wait until one day before the deadline to collect and submit the required documentation. In order for your application to be accepted, the following documents must be submitted with your application and received prior to the deadline:
- Copy of valid driver's license;
- Copy of birth certificate;
- Copy of social security card;
- Copy of high school diploma (or transcripts) -OR- G.E.D. equivalency;
- Copy of DD-214 indicating discharge status for military personnel;
- Copy of Illinois law enforcement certification (if applicable).
The City of Beardstown and The Beardstown Police Department are an Equal Opportunity Employer.