Village of Hillside, Illinois Police Department
The Board of Fire and Police Commissioners of the Village of Hillside, Illinois is accepting applications for the position of police officer with the Hillside Police Department.
Salary: $58,943 - $96,494 (effective 5/1/2021)
Sworn Police Officers: 25
All applicants must meet the following minimum requirements established by the Village of Hillside:
- U.S. citizenship;
- No felony convictions;
- High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent;
- Valid Illinois driver's license;
- Minimum of 21 years of age (by February 19, 2021) -AND- must be UNDER 35 years of age as of date of hire, unless otherwise exempt by State Statute;
- Must meet the requirements of a background check;
- Must pass a medical, psychological and polygraph test;
- $45.00 non-refundable application processing fee.
Preference Points will be awarded as determined by the Village of Hillside for the following only:
Military Experience: Active duty U.S. military service members with an un-redacted Honorable Discharge. DD-214 must be submitted with application to qualify.
Education: Applicants who have earned a Bachelor's Degree (or higher) in any field of study. Copy of diploma or transcripts must be submitted with application to qualify.
Submission of Application
- Applications MUST be submitted online by Friday, February 19, 2021 at 4:00 PM (CST). Faxed, e-mailed, mailed or dropped off applications will NOT be accepted.
- Applications submitted after the deadline will NOT be accepted. Only one application per person, per testing cycle will be accepted.
Hiring Process Steps and Timeline
Phase 1: Submit Application (YOU ARE CURRENTLY AT THIS PHASE) Applicants must complete and submit all application materials by Friday, February 19, 2021 at 4:00 PM (CST). Candidates requesting preference points must submit documentation at this time.
Phase 2: Mandatory Remote On-Line Written Examination: Following completion of all application materials and review of minimum qualifications, successful applicants will be invited to participate in remote on-line written exam testing starting at 9 AM on Tuesday, March 2, 2021 through Thursday, March 4, 2021 at 4 PM. The test will only be available during this time period. Candidates will need to have access to a laptop or desktop computer. All candidates will receive an email approximately one week prior regarding their status in the process, along with further instructions for taking the on-line written exam. NOTE: Please be sure to check your email spam folder. Many email account providers automatically send our emails there in error (i.e. Google, Yahoo, etc.).
The Village of Hillside, Illinois is an equal opportunity employer.