The City of Loves Park Civil Service Commission is accepting applications for the position of police officer with the Loves Park, IL Police Department
Sworn Police Officers: 37
All applicants must meet the following minimum requirements established by the City of Loves Park Civil Service Commission:
- U.S. citizenship
- Must possess a valid driver's license
- Must have obtained a high school diploma or high school equivalency/G.E.D.
- No felony convictions or misdemeanor convictions involving moral turpitude, as specified in 65 ILCS 5/10-1-7
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age and UNDER 35 years of age at the time of application unless otherwise exempt by State Statute 65 ILCS 5/10-2.1-6
- Must have 20/20 vision (or corrected to 20/20)
- Must be in good health and moral character
- $45.00 non-refundable application processing fee
- Submit all application documents online by Monday, March 8th, 2021 @ 4:00 pm CST.
- Attend a mandatory written test on Saturday, March 20, 2021 at the Harlem Middle School (735 Windsor Rd., Loves Park, IL 61111)
The following documents MUST be included with your application:
- Birth certificate
- Social security card
- Valid driver's license
- High school diploma or high school equivalency/GED
- Military Form DD214 for ANY applicant with military service
Submission of Application
- Applications MUST be submitted online by MONDAY, MARCH 8, 2021 at 4:00 PM (CST). Faxed, e-mailed, mailed or dropped off applications will NOT be accepted.
- Applications submitted after the deadline will NOT be accepted.
The City of Loves Park is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Important Disclaimer for Potential Applicants:
As part of this application form, you will be required to submit various documents, records and/or additional forms. Be sure to allow sufficient time to gather this documentation and fully complete the application before the deadline. In other words, do not wait until one day before the deadline to collect and submit additional required documentation. In order for your application to be accepted, ALL materials must be submitted and received prior to the deadline. You may wish to print this page for your records.