Village of Antioch Police Department
The Village of Antioch, Illinois is accepting applications for the position of entry-level police officer with the Antioch Police Department.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Full-service Municipal Policing;
- Enforcement of State and Local Laws;
- Prepare written reports on assigned tasks and attend court, and testify when necessary;
- Community Policing, assist and render aid to citizens, conduct building checks, and investigate suspicious persons, vehicles, noises, etc.;
- Uniform patrol, traffic control, motor vehicle assists, and traffic crash investigations.
Salary Range: Probationary $63,554.58 to $104,328.94 after 8 years (under current FOP contract).
- Ability to participate in health, prescription, dental, and life insurance.
- Uniform, soft body armor, and leather equipment issued by Department.
- Paid sick time, vacation time, holidays and longevity are per collective bargaining agreement.
Sworn Police Officers: 29 (full-time)
All applicants must meet the following minimum qualifications and requirements at the time of application as established by the Village of Antioch:
- Be a U.S. citizen;
- Minimum of 21 years of age by date of hire -AND- under age 35; -AND- a veteran shall be allowed to exceed the maximum age provision by the number of years served on active military duty, but by no more than 10 years (max of 44 years of age) -OR- meets the exemptions outlined under 65 ILCS 5/10-2.1-6 (Ch. 24, par. 10-2.1-6);
- Possess a high school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent;
- No felony convictions (or convictions for certain misdemeanors);
- Possess a valid State-issued driver's license;
- Successfully pass written and oral examinations; a physical aptitude test (P.O.W.E.R. Test); physical examination; psychological examination; a drug screening, and a background investigation;
- Pay a $45.00 non-refundable application processing fee.
Notice to Current (or Previous) Certified Law Enforcement Officer Applicants: You must meet the following minimum requirements to be eligible to apply: 1. Employment as a full-time non-probationary, sworn law enforcement officer in a regular police department in any municipal, county, university, or State law enforcement agency for at least two (2) years. 2. Current certified law enforcement officer -OR- Able to re-certify per the ILETSB requirements. -AND- 3. Meet the age requirements specified in all applicable Illinois Statutes.
Submission of Application:
Applications MUST be submitted online by Monday, April 12, 2021 at 4:00 PM (CST). Faxed, e-mailed, mailed or dropped off applications will NOT be accepted. Applications submitted after the deadline will NOT be accepted. Only one application per person, per testing cycle will be accepted.
Mandatory Orientation and Written Examination Testing Following completion of all application materials and review of minimum requirements, qualified applicants will be invited to attend the following: Clear your calendar and make sure you are available on the following date to attend a mandatory orientation and complete a written examination. All candidates will receive an email approximately one week prior regarding their status in the process.
Date: Saturday, April 24, 2021 - Check in at 8:30 AM* - Test at 9:00 AMLocation: Antioch Community High School1133 Main StreetAntioch, IL 60002 * Doors will be locked at 8:30 AM. No exceptions will be made for late arrivals
Important Disclaimer for Potential Applicants:As part of this application form, you will be required to submit various documents, records and/or additional forms. Be sure to allow sufficient time to gather this documentation and fully complete the application before the deadline. In other words, do not wait until one day before the deadline to collect and submit additional required documentation. In order for your application to be accepted, all materials must be submitted and received prior to the deadline. For a complete list of required documents, click to the page titled "Summary of the Hiring Process" (this information is accessible prior to the payment page).
- A mandatory orientation will immediately follow candidate check-in.
- The written examination will be administered immediately following the orientation.
The Village of Antioch is an Equal Opportunity Employer.