NOTE TO POTENTIAL APPLICANTS: This application process is limited to the first 100 applications submitted -OR- the deadline date of May 12th, 2021, whichever occurs first.
Channahon Police Department
The Village of Channahon, Illinois is accepting applications for the position of police (patrol) officer with the Channahon Police Department.
Sworn Police Officers: 26
All applicants must meet the following minimum requirements established by the Village of Channahon:
- U.S. citizenship;
- No felony convictions (or any misdemeanor conviction involving moral turpitude);
- Valid driver's license;
- Must be at least 20 years of age -AND- be under the age of 35 (or meet the exemption set forth in the Board of Fire and Police Commissioners Act of the Illinois Compiled Statutes (65 ILCS5/10-2.1-6);
- High school diploma or GED equivalent;
- Must have successfully passed the Illinois P.O.W.E.R. test (we recommend the card be issued through NIPSTA, Joliet Junior College, or Triton College) -OR- current military physical fitness test issued on or after November 12, 2020;
- $30.00 non-refundable application processing fee;
- Application Deadline: Wednesday, May 12, 2021 at 4:00 PM (CST).
Required documents (to be submitted at time of application):
- Valid driver’s license;
- Birth certificate;
- Social security card;
- High school diploma or GED certificate;
- P.O.W.E.R test card/certificate -OR- proof of military physical fitness test issued on or after November 12, 2020;
- If applicant has military service, a copy of his/her Military Service Record Form DD-214;
- Incomplete or defective applications will not be accepted and will disqualify the applicant.
DATES TO REMEMBER:
- Submit Application: Applicants must complete and submit all application materials by Wednesday, May 12, 2021 @ 4:00 PM (CST). Faxed, e-mailed, mailed or dropped off applications will NOT be accepted. Applications submitted after the deadline will NOT be accepted.
Important Disclaimer for Potential Applicants As part of this application form, you will be required to submit various documents, records and/or additional forms. Be sure to allow sufficient time to gather this documentation and fully complete the application before the deadline. In other words, do not wait until one day before the deadline to collect and submit additional required documentation. In order for your application to be accepted, all materials must be submitted and received prior to the deadline.
Mandatory Remote On-Line Written Examination: Following completion of all application materials and review of minimum qualifications, successful applicants will be invited to participate in remote on-line written exam testing starting at 9 AM on Monday, May 24, 2021 through Wednesday, May 26, 2021 at 4 PM. The test will only be available during this time period. Candidates will need to have access to a laptop or desktop computer. All candidates will receive an email approximately one week prior regarding their status in the process, along with further instructions for taking the on-line written exam. NOTE: Please be sure to check your email spam folder. Many email account providers automatically send our emails there in error (i.e. Google, Yahoo, etc.).
The Village of Channahon is an Equal Opportunity Employer.