Village of Bourbonnais Police Department
The Village of Bourbonnais, Illinois is accepting applications on the behalf of the Fire & Police Commission for the position of police officer with the Bourbonnais Police Department.
Starting Salary: $62,308 - $108,225
Sworn Police Officers: 26 Full-time
All applicants must meet the following minimum requirements established by the Village of Bourbonnais Fire & Police Commission:
- U.S. citizenship;
- No felony convictions (or any misdemeanor conviction involving moral turpitude as specified in Illinois Statute 65 ILCS 5/10-2.1-6);
- Must possess a valid Illinois driver's license;
- Must be at least 21 years of age and under the age of 35 at the time of application (unless otherwise exempt by Illinois Compiled Statutes 65 ILCS5/10-2.1-6);
- Must reside within 30 miles of the village limits within the one (1) year probationary period;
- Must sign a Training Reimbursement agreement as a condition of employment;
- High school diploma or GED equivalent;
- Associates Degree from an accredited college or university (unless otherwise exempt by Illinois Compiled Statutes 65 ILCS 5/10 2.1-6);
- Valid POWER card issued within one (1) year of the application deadline date (waived for Certified Law Enforcement Officers);
- $30.00 non-refundable application processing fee.
- Application Deadline: Thursday, May 6, 2021 at 4:00 PM (CST).
Required documents (to be submitted at time of application):
- Valid Illinois driver’s license;
- Birth certificate;
- High school diploma or GED certificate;
- College or University Degree/Transcripts (unless otherwise exempt);
- Valid POWER card issued on or after May 6, 2020 (waived for Certified Law Enforcement Officers);
- If applicant has military service, a copy of his/her Military Service Record Form DD-214.
- Incomplete or defective applications will not be accepted and will disqualify the applicant.
DATES TO REMEMBER:
- Submit Application: Applicants must complete and submit all application materials by Thursday, May 6, 2021 @ 4:00 PM (CST). Faxed, e-mailed, mailed or dropped off applications will NOT be accepted. Applications submitted after the deadline will NOT be accepted.
Mandatory Remote On-Line Written Examination: Following completion of all application materials and review of minimum qualifications, successful applicants will be invited to participate in remote on-line written exam testing starting at 9 AM on Tuesday, May 18, 2021 through Friday, May 21, 2021 at 4 PM. The test will only be available during this time period. Candidates will need to have access to a laptop or desktop computer. All candidates will receive an email approximately one week prior regarding their status in the process, along with further instructions for taking the on-line written exam. NOTE: Please be sure to check your email spam folder. Many email account providers automatically send our emails there in error (i.e. Google, Yahoo, etc.).
Oral Interviews: Oral interviews will be scheduled during the week of June 7-11, 2021. Eligible applicants that pass the written test will be notified via email of their Oral Interview date and time.
Important Disclaimer for Potential Applicants
As part of this application form, you will be required to submit various documents, records and/or additional forms. Be sure to allow sufficient time to gather this documentation and fully complete the application before the deadline. In other words, do not wait until one day before the deadline to collect and submit additional required documentation. In order for your application to be accepted, all materials must be submitted and received prior to the deadline.
The Village of Bourbonnais is an Equal Opportunity Employer