West Dundee Police Department
West Dundee, Illinois
The West Dundee, Illinois Fire and Police Commission is accepting applications for the position of police officer with the West Dundee Police Department.
Salary: $67,114 with excellent benefits Population: 7,331Current Sworn Full Time Police Officers: 18Authorized Part Time Police Officers: 3
All applicants must meet the following minimum requirements established by the Village of West Dundee:
- U.S. citizenship;
- No felony convictions;
- Valid state-issued driver's license;
- Except as otherwise provided by statute, applicants must be at least 21 and less than 35 years of age by the time of the written examination date (June 2, 2021);
- Possess a high school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent;
- Possess a valid P.O.W.E.R. Test card issued within the past 12 months of the application deadline date (May 3, 2021). Only P.O.W.E.R. Test cards issued by NIPSTA, Joliet Junior College, or Triton College will be accepted;
- Residency within 35 miles of the Village of West Dundee will be required within one year of hire;
- Pay a $45.00 non-refundable application processing fee;
Preference Points will be awarded as determined by the Village of West Dundee for the following pursuant to the applicable section of Illinois State Statute 65 ILCS 5/10-2.1-8 and 5/10-2.1-9:
- Military Experience: A minimum of 1 year of active duty for U.S. military service members with an Honorable Discharge. DD-214 must be submitted with application to qualify.
- Education: Possess an Associate’s Degree in Criminal Justice or related law enforcement field from an accredited community or junior college –OR- A Bachelor’s Degree in any field from an accredited college or university. A copy of the diploma or unofficial transcripts must be submitted with application to qualify.
- Current Illinois Law Enforcement Officers: Persons awarded a certificate attesting to the successful completion of the Minimum Standards Basic Law Enforcement Training Course as provided in the Illinois Police Training Act. A copy of your certificate must be submitted with application to qualify.
Accelerated Entry Lateral Transfer Candidates: An applicant who is a police officer in good standing with the law enforcement agency he/she is employed with and certified by the State certification board for at least two (2) years is eligible to be placed on a lateral transfer eligibility list.
- Lateral transfer candidates are NOT required to obtain a P.O.W.E.R. test card;
- Lateral transfer candidates are NOT required to take the written exam;
- Lateral transfer candidates ARE REQUIRED to participate in the oral interview process.
PLEASE NOTE: Potential lateral transfer candidates are limited to apply through either the initial entry process or the lateral transfer process but may not apply through both. In order to be eligible for the Lateral Transfer Eligibility List, you must meet the following requirements:
- Proof of current full-time employment as a sworn officer of a regular police department in any municipality, county, university or State law enforcement agency for at least two (2) years; AND
- Proof of Certification by the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board; AND
- Possess a high school diploma or equivalent GED; AND
- Provide past and current work assignments; AND
- Provide past & current performance evaluations.
Accelerated Entry Lateral Transfer Candidate applications are available at: https://www.wdundee.org/forms (Choose Police Department tab to download application). If you choose this option, please do not purchase the application on Apply To Serve.
Submission of Application:
Applications must be submitted online by Monday, May 3, 2021 at 4:00 PM (CST). Faxed, e-mailed, mailed or dropped off applications will NOT be accepted. Only one application per person, per testing cycle will be accepted.
Mandatory Remote On-Line Written Examination: Following completion of all application materials and review of minimum qualifications, successful applicants will be invited to participate in remote on-line written exam testing starting at 9 AM on Wednesday, June 2, 2021 through Friday, June 4, 2021 at 4 PM. The test will only be available during this time period. Candidates will need to have access to a laptop or desktop computer. All candidates will receive an email approximately one week prior regarding their status in the process, along with further instructions for taking the on-line written exam. NOTE: Please be sure to check your email spam folder. Many email account providers automatically send our emails there in error (i.e. Google, Yahoo, etc.).
The Village of West Dundee is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Important Disclaimer for Potential Applicants:As part of this application form, you will be required to submit various documents, records and/or additional forms. Be sure to allow sufficient time to gather this documentation and fully complete the application before the deadline. In other words, do not wait until one day before the deadline to collect and submit additional required documentation. In order for your application to be accepted, all materials must be submitted and received prior to the deadline.