The Board of Police Commissioners for the City of Lockport, Illinois is now accepting applications for the position of police officer.
Starting Salary: $65,894
Sworn Police Officers: 39
All applicants must meet the following minimum requirements established by the Lockport Board of Police Commissioners:
- Citizenship: U.S. Citizen;
- Driver’s License: A valid Driver’s License -OR- the ability to obtain an Illinois Driver’s License at time of hire;
- Age Requirement: Applicants must be at least 21 years of age and under 35 years of age as of the date the Initial Eligibility List is created (anticipated date 10/21/21) unless exempt by 65 ILCS 5/10-2.1-6;
- Education: Minimum High School Diploma, or GED Certificate, or High School Proficiency Statement;
- COVID-19 Vaccination Required
- Character: No felony convictions and be of good moral character as described in 65 ILCS 5/10-2.1-6;
- Vision: Eyesight corrected to 20/20, and the ability to distinguish color and be void of night blindness;
- Residence: Applicant must maintain his/her principal place of residence within 25 miles of the corporate boundaries of the City of Lockport upon completion of 18 month probationary period;
- Testing: Written exam, oral interview, P.O.W.E.R., medical, polygraph, psychological testing;
- Minimum Commitment: Minimum commitment of 36 months, subject to reimbursement of hiring and training costs if commitment not completed;
- Tattoos, Piercings, and Body Art: Must be covered completely by any and all Lockport Police Department uniforms.
Disqualifications for employment include any of the following:
- Is found lacking in any of the preliminary requirements of police officer (good moral character, temperate habits, sound health, physically able to perform the duties of police officer);
- Is addicted to the use of drugs, narcotics, or intoxicating beverages or has used drugs, narcotics, or intoxicating beverages illegally;
- Has been convicted of any felony or a misdemeanor involving moral turpitude (as specified in 65 ILCS 5/10-2.1-6);
- Has character and employment references which are unsatisfactory;
- Has tattoos which cannot be completely covered by any, and every, Lockport Police Department uniform.
Required documents (to be submitted at time of application):
- Birth certificate;
- Driver’s License;
- Social security card;
- High School Diploma, GED Certificate or High School Proficiency Statement;
- COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card;
- If applicant has college experience, a copy of his or her college/university transcripts -AND- diploma (if degree conferred);
- If applicant has military service, a copy of his or her Military Service Record Form DD-214;
- $45.00 non-refundable application processing fee.
- Preference points will be given for military service or academic attainment per 65 ILCS 5/10-2.1-8 and 65 ILCS 5/10-2.1-9.
DATES TO REMEMBER:
- Submit Application: Applicants must complete and submit all application materials online through ApplyToServe.com by Friday, August 27th, 2021 @ 4:00 PM.
- Mandatory Orientation and Written Examination: Saturday, September 11th, 2021 (8:30 AM check-in) at Lockport Township High School – East Campus Cafeteria (1333 E. 7th Street, Lockport, IL 60441). Masks and proof of COVID-19 vaccination are required.
Important Disclaimer for Potential Applicants
As part of this application form, you will be required to submit various documents, records and/or additional forms. Be sure to allow sufficient time to gather this documentation and fully complete the application before the deadline. In other words, do not wait until one day before the deadline to collect and submit additional required documentation. In order for your application to be accepted, all materials must be submitted and received prior to the deadline.
Lockport Police Commission is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with all Federal, State and Local Laws regarding employment.