Coal City Fire Protection District
Coal City, Illinois
The Board of Fire and Police Commissioners is accepting applications to the position of firefighter/paramedic with the Coal City Fire Protection District.
Salary Range: $59-268.97 - $72,521.81 including health, dental, vision, and life insurance, VEBA program, and Article 4 pension Population: 10,500
Fire Service Personnel: Fire Chief, Deputy Chief, 6 lieutenants, 3 District firefighter/paramedics; 25 part-time firefighter/paramedic/EMT
All Applicants Must Meet the Following Minimum Requirements established by the Coal City Fire Protection District:
- US Citizen;
- No felony convictions;
- Possess a valid driver's license;
- Have a High school Diploma or GED equivalent;
- Minimum of 21 years of age and not older than 35 years of age, unless previously a full-time firefighter as noted under state statute (65 IL 5/10-2.1-6.3) at time of application;
- Provide proof of a valid EMT-B license issued by Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) at time of application;
- Possess a valid Paramedic License (EMT-P) issued by the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) at time of hire;
- Certification by the State Fire Marshall's office as a Firefighter II (Basic) at time of application;
- Provide proof of a valid CPAT (Candidate Physical Ability Test) card with ladder climb issued within 12 months of application deadline date (November 15, 2021). A valid CPAT with Ladder Climb is also required at time of hire.
- Pay a $45.00 non-refundable application processing fee.
Preference Points will be awarded by the Coal City Fire Protection District for any one of the following: 1) Experience; 2) Veteran's Status; 3) Education; and 4) Residency. For more specific information on the requirements for award of preference points, please see the following page.
Submission of Application: Applications MUST be submitted online by Monday, November 15, 2021 at 4:00 PM (CST). Faxed, e-mailed, mailed or dropped off applications will NOT be accepted. Applications submitted after the deadline will NOT be accepted. Only one application per person, per testing cycle will be accepted.
Mandatory On-line Written Exam: Following completion of all application materials and review of minimum qualifications, successful applicants will be invited to participate in remote on-line written exam testing starting at 9 AM on Tuesday, November 30, 2021 through Thursday, December 2, 2021 at 4 PM. The test will only be available during this time period. Candidates will need to have access to a laptop or desktop computer. All candidates will receive an email approximately one week prior regarding their status in the process, along with further instructions for taking the on-line written exam. NOTE: Please be sure to check your email spam folder. Many email account providers automatically send our emails there in error (i.e. Google, Yahoo, etc.).
Important Disclaimer for Potential Applicants: As part of this application form, you will be required to submit copies of the following documents as part of your application. Applicants failing to provide the following documentation with their application will be ineligible to continue in the hiring process.
The Coal City Fire Protection District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Birth Certificate;
- High School Diploma (or Transcripts) -OR- GED Equivalent Certificate;
- Valid Driver's License;
- Current EMT-B or EMT-P license issued by the IDPH;
- OSFM Firefighter II (Basic) Certificate;
- CPAT (Candidate Physical Ability Test) Card and Ladder Climb Certification.