Rutland-Dundee Fire Protection District
The Rutland-Dundee Fire Protection District is accepting applications for the position of firefighter/paramedic.
Salary: $67,145 to $82,839 with an excellent benefits packageFire District Population: 14,500Sworn Personnel: 6 full-time and 30 part-time
All applicants must meet the following minimum requirements established by the Rutland-Dundee Fire Protection District:
- U.S. citizenship -OR- Have proof of legal authorization to work in the United States for at least two (2) years at the time of hire;
- No felony convictions;
- Valid state-issued driver's license. Candidate must possess Class "B" non-CDL or CDL license at time of job offer;
- Minimum of 21 years of age and not older than 35 years of age by the application deadline date (October 17, 2022). The maximum age restriction will not apply to an individual who meets one of the exceptions to the statutory maximum hiring age detailed in section 16.06b(c)(1-3) of the Fire Protection District Act (70 ILCS 705/16.06(c)(1-3);
- Must meet visual acuity standards with uncorrected vision of 20/100 corrected to 20/20 in the better eye, and 20/40 in the poorer eye. Applicants must also be able to distinguish between colors and shades, as required by the job;
- Possess a high school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent;
- Possess a valid Paramedic License (EMT-P) issued by the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) -OR- be enrolled in an Illinois Paramedic Certification Training Program by the application deadline date (October 17, 2022);
- Certification by the State Fire Marshal's office as a Basic Operations Firefighter (Firefighter II) by the application deadline date (October 17, 2022);
- Provide a valid CPAT (Candidate Physical Ability Test Card) with Ladder Climb (at time of hire);
- Possess Office of Illinois State Fire Marshal Fire Apparatus Engineer Certification -AND- Illinois Department of Public Health Paramedic License at time of hire;
- If hired, the probationary firefighter must obtain Office of Illinois State Fire Marshal Advanced Firefighter -OR- Office of Illinois State Fire Marshal Firefighter III certification before the completion of his/her probation period;
- Pay a $45.00 non-refundable application processing fee.
- There is no residency requirement for the Fire Protection District.
Preference Points will be awarded as determined by the Rutland-Dundee Fire Protection District for the following:
- Work Experience: (Maximum 5 points)
- Per [70 ILCS 705/16.06b(h)(5)]: A.) Maximum points will be awarded for those candidates that have been employed by the Rutland-Dundee Fire District as a part-time firefighter/paramedic/EMT-B for at least one year; -OR- B.) Applicants from outside the District who were employed as full-time firefighters or firefighter-paramedics for at least two (2) years at another fire protection district or municipality may be awarded from zero (0) to five (5) points at a rate of up to one (1) point for each year of successful service. No experience preference points will be awarded to applicants for service with a private employer who had a contract for fire or ambulance service with a fire protection district or municipality.
- Military Experience: (5 points).
- Per [70 ILCS 705/16.06b(h)(1)]: Awarded to applicants who have served a minimum of 1 year of active duty for U.S. military service members with an Honorable Discharge. DD-214 (long form) must be submitted with application to qualify.
Submission of Application:
Applications submitted online by Monday, October 17, 2022 at 4:00 PM (CST) will be accepted. Faxed, e-mailed, mailed or dropped off applications will NOT be accepted. Only one application per person, per testing cycle will be accepted.
Mandatory Orientation and Written Examination Testing Following completion of all application materials and review of minimum qualifications, successful applicants will be invited to attend the following. Clear your calendar and make sure you are available on the following date: All candidates will receive an email approximately one week prior regarding their status in the process. NOTE: PLEASE BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR EMAIL SPAM FOLDER AS SOMETIMES EMAIL PROVIDERS (SUCH AS GMAIL, YAHOO, ETC.) SEND OUR EMAILS DIRECTLY TO SPAM.
Friday, October 28, 2022 - Check-in starts at 8:30 AM (doors close at 9:00 AM sharp).Location: Rutland-Dundee Fire Protection District Station 5111 East Higgins RoadGilberts, IL 60136 The Rutland-Dundee Fire Protection District is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Important Disclaimer for Potential Applicants:As part of this application form, you will be required to submit various documents, records and/or additional forms. Be sure to allow sufficient time to gather this documentation and fully complete the application before the deadline. In other words, do not wait until one day before the deadline to collect and submit additional required documentation. In order for your application to be accepted, all materials must be submitted and received prior to the deadline.